Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

add a detachable step to steps

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
all I can find is 'Redi-Step'.

it is a metal step with arms attached that fit over your last step to make another...detachable, use when needed.

I am wondering if anyone has another 'portable detachable' extra step when needed for that 'big drop' that sometimes happens on the last step when you level out.

only one I can find is Redi-Step and I am so close to buying and having in the toyhauler for 'when needed' and am just wondering if there is any other options before I hit the submit button and buy this thing.

thanks for any info on another detachable step brand if anyone knows one.

and no, we don't want a stool or 'whatever'....we want the true step you just attach on the last step. Redi-Step is all I can find and while it seems perfect, I was just wondering if there were other options before buying. like maybe one out there that matches my black steps ๐Ÿ™‚ instead of the light alum. colored Redi Step.

again thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

JohnG3
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
Check out Glow Steps by Torxlift
Steps always. Touch ground. No bounce. no wiggles. No stools no drop offs. Just solid footing

X2. Installed ours last year and will never go back to the diving board steps.
John and Elaine. Furry ones, Bubba, Buddy, Barney and Miss Chevious
2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40 SP
Know guns, know safety, know peace. No guns, no safety, no peace.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Check out Glow Steps by Torxlift
Steps always. Touch ground. No bounce. no wiggles. No stools no drop offs. Just solid footing

19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
thanks guys. I don't want to replace steps for 4 step only cause right now we camp in basically same spots due to kiddo in school. so we kinda know our situations, but the last state park we chose a different site and ended up with a pretty big drop off that last step.

thing is it is only a few occasions where this happens. like in my 20 plus years of RVing, maybe, hmmm....5 times where the last step ended up being a doozey. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

I appreciate all the info tho....seems my Redi-Step is my best choice tho.
I will just hit that submit button and get it.

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
They now make an electric step that has several steps, I think four, that extend onto any surface and then self level. They're pricey though.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

belairbrian
Explorer
Explorer
So you've also ruled out going with the hickory quad steps?
We put one of those on and always had 4 steps. A couple of times we were within two or three inches of the ground but it never touched.
TV 2007 Chevy 2500 Long Box Vortec 8.1/Allison or 2016 Tundra Crew Max 5.7L 4x4
2022 Freedom Express 192RBS
Equalizer 4 way WDH, Prodigy 3 BC
USAF Retired
WAR EAGLE