cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Air Ride Pin Box

Sargehut234
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at a used Trailair tri-glide air ride pin box.
Any feed back would be appreciated.
SARGE
5 REPLIES 5

southernsky
Explorer
Explorer
We have the 5th Airborne air pinbox, no problems. Using it for 9yrs.
2022 Renegade Super C
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 Sport

CarnationSailor
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Sargehut234 wrote:
SARGE

Check it for side to side movement. If tight it's in good condition. Some failures but MANY don't understand there are "9" ZERKS to grease.

Mine is rated at 21k, I tug on it with 23-25k full time for 4 years. Grease it PROPERLY and I doubt you will have issues.

Maybe they don't understand there are 9 zerks because the owner's manual says there are 6. At least, that was the case with my manual. After 3 years use, I could no longer move the mechanism fore and aft by hand so I looked closer and found the 3 zerks on the bottom. After greasing them, I could once again move the plate by hand.
2015 Crossroads Rushmore Springfield
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax

I had the tri-glide and it was ok until it was close to failure.... I routinely greased all 9 points and started getting a ton of slop...

They (Lippert) replaced it with the Flex-Air and that was a real nice ride...

My new 5er has the Morryde pinbox and so far I really like it! Time will tell if I like it as much as the trailair
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Any air ride is an improvement. We have a Hensley Trailer Saver BD3 and it's incredible.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sargehut234 wrote:
SARGE

Check it for side to side movement. If tight it's in good condition. Some failures but MANY don't understand there are "9" ZERKS to grease.

Mine is rated at 21k, I tug on it with 23-25k full time for 4 years. Grease it PROPERLY and I doubt you will have issues.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD