cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Andersen Hitch Co.owner defaces Arches NP.

ROBERTSUNRUS
Explorer
Explorer
๐Ÿ™‚ Hi, I just read some horrible articles about Andersen Hitch company owner carving initials in Arch at Arches Nation Park.
๐Ÿ™‚ Bob ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 Airstream Safari 25-B
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400
35 REPLIES 35

BenK
Explorer
Explorer
mich800 wrote:
...snip....

There is a huge difference between someones political views and having low moral charter. We are not talking about some kid making poor judgements until they learn. This is an alleged fully developed adult. I would not trust my family's safety with a company lead by someone proven to make decisions without regard to anyone else. I will not give him the opportunity to cut corners in his business and product if he gets in a financial jam. As he has proven nothing is off the table to satisfy his personal ends.

Completely agree and personal experience in this over many careers...

Motion control/robotics/systems control/automation/etc was first career that spanned over 2 decades.

Cost cutting just for more profit was too big of a philosophy in their decisions.

Always a battle with my designs, but mine were the most profitable because they were solid and ran 24/7 for years and years. To become standard building blocks for the other designers

Last career was in computing (Federal division and promotions up to corporate Strategy and Planning) Throughout those 2 decades...always fought the Bean Counter mentality. Luckily worked well with the regulatory group and central engineering...they became the bad cops

Know this kind and sad to say...most end up towards the top...as the bottom line is too important these days...not to say fiduciary responsibility is not important...just that is NOT the only criteria
-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
jfkmk wrote:
bshgto1 wrote:
Yes junior was a bad boy and he will be chastised for a couple of weeks and may get fined but it will pass. And I know none of the haters have never done anything stupid to try and impress your women. But I could care less what he does in his free time I only care about the engineering behind his products.
I remember when Marcus made his comment about a particular candidate and a particular voting group. Yes They lost some buyers but I saw it as an opportunity and after talking with a salesmen I got one hell of a deal on my new unit over what they had quoted me before because sales were down after he opened his mouth. And it has passed just like this will.
You do know Marcus owns this forum.....why are you still here?
You do know taking a knee is very, very disrespecting .... so why
are you still watching?
I don`t know ,I could be wrong, was once back in July of 1963 but for some I think I can detect a bit of Hypocrisy.

Go ahead

Why, if one doesn't like what someone says or does, they are automatically labeled a "hater"? I think what Ryan did was despicable and, because of it, won't buy product of his. It doesn't mean I hate him, I don't hate anyone.

As for what Marcus said, words are words. I don't let them bother me.

There is a huge difference between someones political views and having low moral charter. We are not talking about some kid making poor judgements until they learn. This is an alleged fully developed adult. I would not trust my family's safety with a company lead by someone proven to make decisions without regard to anyone else. I will not give him the opportunity to cut corners in his business and product if he gets in a financial jam. As he has proven nothing is off the table to satisfy his personal ends.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
bshgto1 wrote:
Yes junior was a bad boy and he will be chastised for a couple of weeks and may get fined but it will pass. And I know none of the haters have never done anything stupid to try and impress your women. But I could care less what he does in his free time I only care about the engineering behind his products.
I remember when Marcus made his comment about a particular candidate and a particular voting group. Yes They lost some buyers but I saw it as an opportunity and after talking with a salesmen I got one hell of a deal on my new unit over what they had quoted me before because sales were down after he opened his mouth. And it has passed just like this will.
are you still watching?
I don`t know ,I could be wrong, was once back in July of 1963 but for some I think I can detect a bit of Hypocrisy.

Go ahead

Why, if one doesn't like what someone says or does, they are automatically labeled a "hater"? I think what Ryan did was despicable and, because of it, won't buy product of his. It doesn't mean I hate him, I don't hate anyone.

As for what Marcus said, words are words. I don't let them bother me.

bshgto1
Explorer
Explorer
are you still watching?

Go ahead
2018.5 Montana 3791 Rear Den
Electric brakes suck Disk brakes it`s the only way
Andersen Ultimate on the pucks, 5th AirBorne Mor/ryde SRE 4000 X Factors....real smooth ride
2018 Ford F350 Dually 6.7 Top Dog 5595 payload

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
NJRVer wrote:
Wonder how he would feel if people came by and spray painted their initials on Andersen's headquarters building?

Since Ryan Andersen chose to engrave his defacement wouldn't the same be more appropriate rather than spray painting? :W
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Wonder how he would feel if people came by and spray painted their initials on Andersen's headquarters building?

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
BB_TX wrote:
Possibility of taking a major hit on profits has a way of bringing out "heartfelt" apologies.

mkirsch wrote:
Reality is this is some back-page news story that only a small fraction of RVers would see, and only a small fraction of them are familiar with Andersen products, and only a small fraction of that fraction of that fraction actually BUY Andersen products. Only a fraction of that fraction of that fraction of that fraction would sway their buying decision based on this.

The only reason he's apologizing is because he got caught, period.

I have zero doubt Ryan Andersen won't be lying awake at night worried because this incident has convinced me to not buy that Andersen No-Sway Hitch I've been thinking about but it will make me feel better. :B

Ditto!

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
BB_TX wrote:
Possibility of taking a major hit on profits has a way of bringing out "heartfelt" apologies.

mkirsch wrote:
Reality is this is some back-page news story that only a small fraction of RVers would see, and only a small fraction of them are familiar with Andersen products, and only a small fraction of that fraction of that fraction actually BUY Andersen products. Only a fraction of that fraction of that fraction of that fraction would sway their buying decision based on this.

I have zero doubt Ryan Andersen won't be lying awake at night worried because this incident has convinced me to not buy that Andersen No-Sway Hitch I've been thinking about but it will make me feel better. :B
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
BB_TX wrote:

My guess is not. Who here had seen this story before it was brought to your attention on this forum? This is the first I've heard of it.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

Jeeperinmoab
Explorer
Explorer
Here is the link to the current article in the Moab paper.
Link
2007 Chevrolet Suburban
2017 Cruiser RV MPG2800QB

atreis
Explorer
Explorer
Makes no difference to me.
2021 Four Winds 26B on Chevy 4500

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
deltabravo wrote:
ROBERTSUNRUS wrote:
๐Ÿ™‚ Hi, I just read some horrible articles about Andersen Hitch company owner carving initials in Arch at Arches Nation Park.

Al the info I've read said that arch is not in the National Park. It's on BLM Land.

Correct the Corona Arch is on BLM Land

(While the Corona Arch has widely been described either as within a national monument or a national park on social media, it is in fact on Bureau of Land Management land.)

And that makes a difference :H
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

joshuajim
Explorer
Explorer
Affluenza strikes again!
RVing since 1995.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
ROBERTSUNRUS wrote:

Al the info I've read said that arch is not in the National Park. It's on BLM Land.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator