cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Angry wannabe RV police encounter

Slate_CM
Explorer
Explorer
Sunday July 7 we were driving south on US 101 below Yachats Oregon. If you are not familiar, it is narrow and winding with no passing lane for a stretch.

The suggested speed signs for the curves are 20-40 mph and I took them at those speeds. There are a few spots where an RV can pull over and stop if you see it in time and it is not full of cars with people enjoying the view but they are small. I'm certainly not a road hog and have used turn-outs often and stay right on the hills.

I think it was about a 30 minute section and even in my wife's sporty car you can't take the curves much faster than posted so I figured I would be good. Well this guy apparently didn't think so.

We pulled into a grocery store parking lot and he drives up and signals to roll down my window. He then immediately says "I'm an RVer and you give us a bad name, real bad." He also called me many other names which cannot be printed here.

I stayed calm and told him I was sorry about the incident and apologized for slowing him down. This only seemed to anger him more and he said he "Ought to get out and whoop my ass."

First time in 4 years of owning a TT I've seen anything like it.
65 REPLIES 65

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
:S

CLOSED
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
JaxDad wrote:
pitch wrote:
Me and a multitude of others being armed, is why 90% of the people are polite.

Strange, just a little north is an entire country of unarmed people known the world over for their politeness.

By & large if you encounter a jerk, they not from here, tourist or newcomer.

While reading this, reminds me of my times spent camping at various major attraction RV parks. When a new neighbor pulled in, I would look at the plates, to see what state. A few that I won't mention, were on my OMG list. Seeing a plate from Canada, was a loud YES, as it was on my top of the good neighbor list.

Jerry

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
JaxDad wrote:
pitch wrote:

Strange, just a little north is an entire country of unarmed people known the world over for their politeness.

Bull ****.

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
pitch wrote:

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
This post might make some mad, but maybe somebody will give it a thought.
Used to be called "Land of the Free, Home of Brave" then it was changed at least informally to "Land of the Free, because of the brave"
Have we devolved to the point we must be terrified of somebody yelling out their window? Could the OP have heard what was said if it was said in a normal speaking voice?
Back when I stuck my paw in the air and swore to protect the Constitution it had so many amendments I could not keep them straight, nowadays there is only 1 that people will stand up to defend. It's called the Second, doesn't that imply that there is at least 1 more, that is at least as important, if not more so?

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
down home wrote:
Since the age of about 6 I have been around firearms. Had a single shot Springfield .22, my Uncle's, that was constant companion around Grand Ma's . . .

Cue the Deliverance banjo scene.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Since the age of about 6 I have been around firearms. Had a single shot Springfield .22, my Uncle's, that was constant companion around Grand Ma's which I spent my summers and many other times at. But not in town.
Had guns before I went into the Army and carried one every day since then, just about. the Sheriff and others knew about it and until the 90s due to Jim Crow no carry was allowed at all except for Sheriff's Deputy Reserve Officers and I was too occupied with making a living. Oh and there were a few time I was glad I had it but I haven't shot anyone yet. I have no more desire to shoot anyone than to be shot again, myself....But I'm not going to give an attacker the chance to harm or kill me or my family or anyone else if I can help them.
People that are scared of themselves with a firearm shouldn't be allowed to use power tools either and probably don't.
Our Second Amendment protects our Natural Right to be able to defend ourselves.
Remember what Christ said about if you don't have enough money for a sword, sell your cloak and buy one? Being able to protect oneself is no sin. It is to be applauded. Remember John Sullivan and thee Sullivan Gang of NYC, who got the corrupt Mayor and Council to pass the infamous Sullivan Gun Control Law?
homeowners and other Citizens were killing his and other Gang Members, which was bad for his business. So He and other Gang Leaders and the Mayor and Council disarmed the Citizens of NYC making assured Victims out of them.
The same today except we have many that are afraid of the daylight but willing to disarm us so we will be assured Victims too.

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
It's interesting that those who oppose firearms think the ones responding that they carry are waving their firearm at every vehicle that passes them. I didn't read any such response. They did say that they will defend themselves against an aggressor, a road rager. A person who thinks they have a right to confront another driver because they don't like how they are driving is unquestionably in the wrong and we all have a right to defend ourselves against an aggressor. There are no statistics on crimes that never happen because a firearm was at hand to change someone's mind and actions.

BillyBob_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
^ Lol. I'll hold my tongue on this one!

Now that's some real BS lol.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
^ Lol. I'll hold my tongue on this one!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

BillyBob_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
In the running for best thread ever, at any RV related forum. I can't wait for Grit to chime in.

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
TechWriter wrote:
Tom/Barb wrote:
pitch wrote:
Wow! Some of you guys are freakin scary! Pull out a shotgun? Wave a .45?
Ask me again why some want to take away firearms?

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 any day.

You want to pick a fight, come armed.

You don't want to be confronted with fire arms, don't pict a fight, most are willing to teach you a lesson.

I've carried for well over 70 years, never once had to use it. I never would start a fight, but I'll sure. as hell end one.

Any of you anti gunners willing to place a sign on your house saying this house is not armed? If not you are simply hiding behind my guns.

How's the manifesto coming?

Very well thanks for asking.
When you don't want to be involved with armed citizens don't be antagonistic.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Tom/Barb wrote:
pitch wrote:
Wow! Some of you guys are freakin scary! Pull out a shotgun? Wave a .45?
Ask me again why some want to take away firearms?

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 any day.

You want to pick a fight, come armed.

You don't want to be confronted with fire arms, don't pict a fight, most are willing to teach you a lesson.

I've carried for well over 70 years, never once had to use it. I never would start a fight, but I'll sure. as hell end one.

Any of you anti gunners willing to place a sign on your house saying this house is not armed? If not you are simply hiding behind my guns.

How's the manifesto coming?
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Almost every day if you drive the Interstates mostly, or any other road you will see at least one incident of road rage.
Everyone of us has encountered it toward them.
Just have to not get hot tempered in response. Tougher for men of masculinity.
Lots of testosterone will make you jump to the defense and then offense quickly when threatened. I'm not going to give them a fair fight or rather a fair chance to kill me. They try this stuff with my wife all the time but not me.
We were headed to Nashville in car pool lane, wife driving, over the limit, same sped as cars in front with a few car spaces, when a white little shoe box pulls up on our tail an blows the horn. Traffic in next land can't get over. Finally an opening but he jumps out and round with the passenger cursing us and giving us the finger and the brake checks us. He speed way up but then has to come back down and we are behind him for the rest of the way. I got a little angry but then we both laughed about it. All that fury and threats got them nowhere.