cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Killer Deal at Camping World

az99
Explorer
Explorer
I was looking for a Atwood #90205 tankless water heater. CW has it on sale. CW SALE GS members get free shipping.

Then I searched further same item at Amazon Link Everyone gets free shipping.

That is over $300 more at CW on an item that is on sale. Their "sale" price is higher than the Amazon list price. Buyer beware I guess.
23 REPLIES 23

pkunk
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
I didn't realize it was so expensive to maintain the forum.
This is a serious question because I don't know the answer.
About how much does it cost to keep the forum up and running?
Alot less than most would think. The forum is paid for by advertising revenue. Not by me, I have adblock plus and never click on ads from anywhere.
1999 Coachman Mirada 34 ft.V10-F53 chassis
12ft.LR slide-2 gp31 AGM 12V @220AH

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a few things from Camping World back before Amazon started selling RV items, back in the early 2000s. I haven't bought anything since, but some how I still get Camping World catalogs. I like to browse CampingWorld.com because they do have a large collection of items. Then, I go to Amazon.com and buy what I need/want.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

restlesswind
Explorer
Explorer
Try this when shopping on line.
Go all the way thru the transaction,except when it comes time to actually pay,click off of the website.Chances are they will manage to get a pop-up to you with a lower price.
They hate to lose a sale,when you have gone just to the point of paying.
'04 33.5 CKQG Hitchhiker Discover America
04.5 Dodge 3500 CTD SRW
Pac Brake,Max Brake
Fulltimers since '06

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
I always compare prices before I bite on CW's sale pricing.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
I always compare prices before I bite on CW's sale pricing.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't realize it was so expensive to maintain the forum.
This is a serious question because I don't know the answer.
About how much does it cost to keep the forum up and running?

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
rexlion wrote:
Sure you could save money by buying elsewhere. But who wants to buy RV accessories from Amazon or Walmart when you can buy them from a place that specializes in RVs and RV accessories? Buying from CW means you are getting years of expertise and reputation and... and... well, uh... gimme a minute, I'll think of something....

😉

I guess that is what CW wants you to think.:W
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:

Not necessarily, just a reminder "don't slap the hand that feeds you!"

They need me... I don't need them.

GSE supports this forum as an advertising medium, not as a public service. Marketing 101.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
littlemo wrote:
DutchmenSport wrote:
Prices are higher at Camping World because Camping World helps support this forum. Things are cheaper at Wall Mart because they don't have a forum to maintain! (think about it)???

????? I guess I don't get the gist of this post. I am a Good Sam member and I have Good Sam Roadside assistance. I support Good Sam in many ways and if I understand your sentiment you think we should buy from CW and pay twice as much for needed items to support this forum?

This will not happen.

Forgive me if I misunderstand.

Not necessarily, just a reminder "don't slap the hand that feeds you!"

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I found out a long long long time ago, I could get every thing that CW sold at the president club price cheaper at my local dealers store and not have to pay to join a club or pay freight.

Mootpoint
Explorer
Explorer
It always pays to shop around.

Where we live the is nothing like a CW so when we see one we're like kids in a candy store. I bought a 3 burner stove with large oven below cost at a CW. They had ordered it in for someone who changed their mind. The manager wanted it gone because it wasn't a regular CW brand. Saved big money.

Other circumstances have found me shopping elsewhere. If it's not a specialty item there is money to be saved by shopping around. Mind you I have always had great service from CW. Oklahoma City and San Antonio are 2 CW branches I will return to.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

littlemo
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
Prices are higher at Camping World because Camping World helps support this forum. Things are cheaper at Wall Mart because they don't have a forum to maintain! (think about it)???

????? I guess I don't get the gist of this post. I am a Good Sam member and I have Good Sam Roadside assistance. I support Good Sam in many ways and if I understand your sentiment you think we should buy from CW and pay twice as much for needed items to support this forum?

This will not happen.

Forgive me if I misunderstand.

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
I hate to be so negative about our gracious host of this Forum, but when I read the title of this post, the first thing I flashed on was "killer".....the last time I dared to compare pricing between CW and Amazon, I got 'flamed' for making such an observation.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer