cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Another "Yuk" thread, or OMG, or what are they thinking?

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Left the house yesterday heading for the State Park. Got confused, heading for the wrong park. Realized it, made a detour that landed us at I-69 and Highway 3 just South of New Castle. There is a Flying J at that location. Normally, I don't use Flying J's, but since I was nearing half a tank of diesel, went ahead and pulled in for a fill up.

Pulled in and saw a tow vehicle and trailer pulled up to the RV gas/diesel pump, and there was a dump station right there also. Nice trailer and appeared to be a solo woman. She was dumping her tanks. I scanned the car pumps and saw diesel on the end pumps, nearest the RV station, swung around to get in line. There was a car parked at the diesel pumps and no one in the car, so had no choice but to wait.

I'm getting concerned by now wondering if we'd make it to the campsite before dark, wondering when the driver of that car would ever come out of the store and move. Meanwhile, my wife was watching the solo woman go about dumping her tanks. It became apparent she was being very thorough, perhaps dumping and cleaning up for winterization. She was really taking her time.

Then my wife said, OMG, UNBELIEVABLE... LOOK AT THAT! I looked over at the dump station and I said, "What?" She said, look at her mouth!

Oh... eeeeoooowww! YUCK! OMG!

OK. I am one of those people that never use gloves at the dump station, and really, I admit, I get my laughs at folks that do use gloves, especially what they do with those gloves and their sewer supplies AFTER they dump and storage. But this one took the cake, as the expression goes.

Oh yes, she had gloves that were dedicated for dumping the tanks. They were a grey soft knit winter style glove. She was proceeding to rinse the sewer hose (in a very appropriate manor, no problem there), but dangling from her TEETH ... yes ... her teeth ... was the other glove!

OK, now you have a new mental image that will stick with you all day.

My wife had her phone in her hand and I said, quick.... get a photo of that. But by the time she got the camera, she had turned around and we missed the opportunity....

Well, have a great day.

And oh... we did make it to the campsite, parked, and set up and still had about 20 minutes of daylight left! Fantastic site... we're on site 40 at Summit Lake State Park (Indiana). We've tried to get this exact spot for 3 years straight now. It's that popular. We booked it a long time ago. This was the first week-end available for this site... probably in about 3 years trying.
37 REPLIES 37

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
slickest1 wrote:
Do they wear gloves to wipe their butt?

Gloves:They use bidets Doesn't everybody?

slickest1
Explorer
Explorer
Do they wear gloves to wipe their butt?
1998 Holiday Rambler Imperial 40 ft.
Dennis and Marcie and Pup the Jack Russell

maddog348
Explorer
Explorer
LOL

jseyfert3
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:

OK. I am one of those people that never use gloves at the dump station, and really, I admit, I get my laughs at folks that do use gloves, especially what they do with those gloves and their sewer supplies AFTER they dump and storage. But this one took the cake, as the expression goes.

I wear gloves. Disposable nitrile gloves. Not because I'm a germaphobe. I have and will dump without gloves then just wash my hands. But by wearing gloves then I don't have to wash my hands afterwards. Peel them off, throw them away, and drive.

I'm a relatively new RVer, but I'm amused/annoyed at other people at the dump station. I don't understand rinsing out your dump hose. Sure, you used it to dump your blackwater tank, but then you rinsed it with what is actually a soapy water solution from your graywater tank. You're just going to stick it in your bumper and use it to dump your blackwater tank in a few days/weeks/months, so what's the point in rinsing with water? Guess some people don't shower in their RVs and may not have a lot of graywater, we shower so we typically have a graywater tank about 2/3rds or more filled, so the hose gets nice and rinsed from the graywater after dumping the blackwater tank.

One person we were waiting behind at the dump station annoyed us because they dumped, did a VERY thorough rinse of their blackwater tank using the rinse water spigot, then took the dump hoses off, sprayed them with disinfectant and and then rinsed them before putting them in their bumper. Then sprayed down the entire dump section of their camper (dump hose ends/valves) with disinfectant, then rinsed with freshwater. Of course wearing thick rubber gloves the entire time. They took over twice as long as most people normally take. Unfortunately in my annoyance for them being nuts about this whole dumping process I forgot to watch and see if they touched door or cabinet handles wearing the big rubber gloves that they would later touch without gloves.
Formerly a 2015 Rockwood Mini Lite 2306, burned in a barn fire. Looking at replacements.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
DutchmenSport wrote:
am1958 wrote:
I have a feeling that some people aren't taking this thread seriously... ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚
That's OK. To each his/her own. ๐Ÿ˜‰

To clarify a bit, the gloves were not new, and she was holding the second glove in her teeth by the cuff while she was spraying down the sewer hoses, inside and out. That also means she was touching the hose with her bare hand after all. See the illogical logic in the using gloves? She probably would have functioned a bit easier without them and then just washed her hands when she was completely done.

But, there again... to each their own. I just don't see the logic in gloves if the gloves spread whatever contamination the user is attempt to prevent touching them.

I don't use gloves. I know that may of you will cringe at that. I just try to not stick my hands into,,, any thing dirty while dumping.

And, after dumping. I still have hot water left in my water heater so I go into the bathroom and wash may hands with soap and hot water.

We would all be a lot healthier if more people would just wash there hands with soap and hot water.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
am1958 wrote:
I have a feeling that some people aren't taking this thread seriously... ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚
That's OK. To each his/her own. ๐Ÿ˜‰

To clarify a bit, the gloves were not new, and she was holding the second glove in her teeth by the cuff while she was spraying down the sewer hoses, inside and out. That also means she was touching the hose with her bare hand after all. See the illogical logic in the using gloves? She probably would have functioned a bit easier without them and then just washed her hands when she was completely done.

But, there again... to each their own. I just don't see the logic in gloves if the gloves spread whatever contamination the user is attempt to prevent touching them.

am1958
Explorer
Explorer

dave54
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you do it right you do not need gloves.

No part of your hand touches any part that came in contact with the waste.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
So many campsites, so little time...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Walaby wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
Old-Biscuit wrote:
I hate dump sites.....nasty places

I have electric dump valves and just let them rip while driving back home.

Simple....

Thatโ€™s just crazy! I would never do anything like that! How would you flush the black tank?!!!

Do like I do.. Hook the outside shower to the black tank flush and run the pump while you're heading down the road! Turn pump off when you stop for gas. All good.

Mike

There you GO!

There's always a solution.......
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
dodge guy wrote:
Old-Biscuit wrote:

Simple....

Thatโ€™s just crazy! I would never do anything like that! How would you flush the black tank?!!!

Do like I do.. Hook the outside shower to the black tank flush and run the pump while you're heading down the road! Turn pump off when you stop for gas. All good.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:

Simple....

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:

Simple....

You'll never get tailgated and rear ended that way.... does your insurance rates go down by letim' rip while driving?

On a serious note, I've been trying to figure out if an electric macerator would be a more sanitary option.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II

Simple....
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am not squeamish about dumping or how anyone else dumps. But, once while setting in line at the dump station I saw a man dump without using a hose. He just opened the valves and let it flow toward the dump hole that was below ground level in this instance. Where he was dumping was gravel so , although most of the waste made it to the hole, some of it soaked into the gravel making it wet around the dump station.

The next people that pulled up there had not been watching what was going on. As they started to dump their teen boy was running around in the wet gravel,,,, BArefoot !!!

I couldn't take it and went to tell them what had happened. I put it diplomatically , they understood, they told the boy to go rinse his feet and wear shoes near the dump station from now on.

That's my worst dump station story.