cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ball For Drop Shank

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
I've got the drop shank pictured below for my truck - maybe not as long. Where can I find a ball mount for it? Have looked at etrailer.com, and they only seem to sell the combo. Don't need a WDH setup. Planning to rent a UHaul trailer to haul some stuff.

Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
5 REPLIES 5

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the replies - I will be able to figure out something with the info everyone has posted.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
Try this.

etrailer

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Really cuts down on your departure angle.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
You need the other half that goes with that shank to make the complete hitch. There are two different halves for the shank you have. On one of them the ball attaches directly to it. The other one has a box for a drawbar to be inserted into it.

Check here if your shank is made by Curt.

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
This is only half right? I bought this from harbor freight: https://www.harborfreight.com/8-in-1-adjustable-ball-mount-hitch-95991.html which holds a standard 2" ball.
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.