cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Boredom

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Is there ANYONE who could possibly be as bored as I am right now, certainly I am the only one that owns an RV that is sitting at home.We came back from a week long family reunion in northern NY 2 week ago, now we are waiting to leave on our New England + trip, Va to OH to Niagara Falls, and 3 other places across NY state, then to VT, NH, and on to ME to stuff as much Lobster in my face as it will possibly hold, then on to Cape Cod, just in case the Lobster wears off on the ride, then back to Southern NY, and back home by sometime in October.
But the 4 weeks between the two trips has been excruciating. ๐Ÿ˜ž
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund
23 REPLIES 23

Electrojake
Explorer
Explorer
JonWalter wrote:
I usually find new books to read,
I love to write and make lists,
I love going out to car meets and working on our shitboxes with friends.
Oh and play ping pong

A few Items here...

1.) I love lists!

2.) Reading a list is nice but making a list is great.

3.) I have a tendency to post in most forums in the form of a 'list' ๐Ÿ™‚

Just sayin'

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Going backpacking tomorrow with a good friend. We will be discussing a book about "wilderness andsthe American Mind." My friend is a great conversationalist and studied philosophy. We will be avoiding politics for the most part although we agree about the current Constitutional crisis.

JonWalter
Explorer
Explorer
I usually find new books to read, I love to write and make lists, I love going out to car meets and working on our shitboxes with friends. Oh and play ping pong with best ping pong paddle

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Jake,
Glad you liked the story. I wish you nothing but the best in your recovery.
Ppine

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well, the boredom is about to end, leaving at 06:00 tomorrow, to quote Willie we'll be "On the Road Again" ๐Ÿ™‚ And loving it.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus

Electrojake
Explorer
Explorer
One thing is for sure:

No matter if you're rich or poor, young or old. . .
If your health fails (from an injury, illness, whatever) then life looks completely different.

I'm 62 and hampered with substantial cervical spine issues, but as long as I can drink a few beers and swing a wrench, (not necessarily in that order ๐Ÿ™‚ ) life is pure Nirvana.

BTW... ppine, that was a pretty cool story about your recovery!
Thanks for posting that.
Regards,
Jake

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
I broke my femur in a bad mule wreck in 2007. I could not get out of bed without help for 5 months. I got caught up on my reading. I looked out the window and longed to be in the hills. After a year I could walk on flat ground with a cane. After two years I could day hike. After three years I went hunting. After four years I could backpack. Now I thank God every morning when I can get up and can still walk.

There are so many things to do in the outdoors, I don't know where to start. My RV had a tv but I took it out.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
pnichols wrote:
Get a really big screen smart TV so that you feel as if you're "right there in the scene" when it's on and then log onto Netflix or YouTube. Doing that you can travel the world right there in the comfort of you armchair and home while viewing documentaries and travel-logs..

....Or better still log onto Google Earth with your laptop and transfer it's screen onto your large Smart TV's screen and then fly to any place on Earth. Every place you go on Earth you will see little photos folks have posted right in the area where they have taken the photo. Click on those little photos to expand them to fill your smart TV's entire screen. Doing this, you can imagine your RV right there in the most wonderful camping places in existence that real world travelers can only dream of getting an RV into.

There is no reason to be bored just because your RV is in storage (... or in the repair shop)!
Now that's the best idea I've heard, Thanks. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Get a really big screen smart TV so that you feel as if you're "right there in the scene" when it's on and then log onto Netflix or YouTube. Doing that you can travel the world right there in the comfort of you armchair and home while viewing documentaries and travel-logs..

....Or better still log onto Google Earth with your laptop and transfer it's screen onto your large Smart TV's screen and then fly to any place on Earth. Every place you go on Earth you will see little photos folks have posted right in the area where they have taken the photo. Click on those little photos to expand them to fill your smart TV's entire screen. Doing this, you can imagine your RV right there in the most wonderful camping places in existence that real world travelers can only dream of getting an RV into.

There is no reason to be bored just because your RV is in storage (... or in the repair shop)!
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

Trekkar
Explorer
Explorer
Ah, to be a sybarite! ๐Ÿ™‚
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
2021 Salem SFX 167RBK

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
midnightsadie wrote:
wax on wax off and the time will fly.
Ha, I was thinking the same. Time for RV maintenance.

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
You could go snipe hunting. Talk in your sleep about your girlfriend. Wife will keep you busy one way or the other. Stop over and mow my lawn. Donate your time to a nursing home. Your just not looking for anything to do. Go get your cataracts taken off then tell her how many wrinkles she has.
Dennis Hoppert

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
Electrojake wrote:
Bored?
I recently retired and the crew I worked with told me I would get bored and end up coming back to work or getting another job.

Well...
That was 18 months ago and I'm still waiting to get bored. As a matter of fact now that I'm retired it seems 24 hours in a day simply isn't enough to get everything done each day.

Honestly, I had no idea that being an retired old-fart was going to be this wonderful.
Just my 2 cents worth. ๐Ÿ™‚

Ditto!
2010 Suncruiser

jetboater454
Explorer
Explorer
Halmfamily wrote:
I had an artificial disk put in last week to fix a ruptured C6C7 disc. I've been couch bound for the past week and medicated so I cannot do much. Hopefully will be released to drive on July 31 so I can at least get out of the house. It feels like it's been four months since in had my surgery when it's only been five days.

Don't be in a rush to drive. Other half had back surgery on July 5th, argued with the doc to allow her to drive,just released to drive,but hit a bump in the road,her back really feels it.
2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider