cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Breakdown of the first leg of our 2018 Cross Country Trip

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hi Folks. I thought I would post the numbers of our trip. We left Seekonk Ma on June 17 and arrived Carlsbad NM. on July 2. We ran on the interstates to Tuscaloosa Al. Then US routes to Carlsbad. We did visit Palo Duro Canyon which was very enjoyable. Anyway here are the numbers.
Total miles: 2834
Gas used: 356 gallons.
Miles per gallon: 7.9
Average price per gallon: $2.629
Average cost of camp sites per night:$36
Average miles per day:218
We spent 2 days at 3 locations.
Now we are in our "poke" mode and have various places we picked over the winter we want to visit.
I thought the triton would do a little better, but from Texarkana west we hit some pretty rough head winds. In fact there were times I was had a hard time keeping the RV at 60mph. Couple of times the wind almost knocked us off the road. However as I've seen here, be aware of conditions and 2 hands on the wheel.
All in all a great run. Now we can have a hoot at the Roswell UFO festival and get some pie at Pie Town NM. Further information to follow.
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!
7 REPLIES 7

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
The Elks lodge in Roswell has excellant food. Very large menu. Not sure if you need to be a member to eat there but it is one of the best places in town to eat.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
And eat lots of green Chile.......mmmmm Green Chile!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
We're at the Town and Country RV park. We have RV.NET on the back of our rig. Cowboy Cafe sounds good. Hope we run into you. You'll know us because folks around here say we talk funny!!!
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!

b17drvr
Explorer
Explorer
We are at the the ufo Festival. We go every year. Itโ€™s lots of fun. Be sure to go to the cowboy cafe for breakfast. Great pie there too.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Had to be Carlsbad, NM. You arenโ€™t paying $2.63 a gallon in Carlsbad, CA. Try $3.70.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

NMDriver2
Explorer
Explorer
If the heat is getting to you, spend a day or two up around Ruidoso or Cloudcroft after Carlsbad.
Turret Class traveler

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
That's great! Now you can relax and stop keeping track of all the little things you have no control over and just enjoy yourself. ๐Ÿ™‚