cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cameo Slides - Gear skipping

RangerReady
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2008 Carriage Cameo F35KS3. On the main (non-kitchen) slide the motor starts to skip once a bit of resistance comes into play. It happens on both extend and retract. The motor shaft gear doesn't come into close enough contact with the bigger gear, and you can see it skipping. The skipping CAN be overcome with one or more persons pushing or pulling the slide while someone operates the switch but this is annoying.

I got under there to see if I can adjust the spacing between the drive shaft gear and the other gear, but there doesn't seem to be a way to adjust it to get close to each other.

Is there an adjustment I didn't see or is there some other way to resolve this? It's really a pain to deal with.

Has anyone seen this before, or know what I can do to fix this? I'm not even sure how it happened in the first place.

The drive shaft gear doesn't seem to be worn anymore than it should be, its just that the gears don't mesh enough.

Here are 4 images of the gears: https://imgur.com/a/PC2sqbt

I read through the FAQ of this forum and it doesn't say anything about cross-posting so I'm going to post this in another area, too. Please let me know if that's not OK.
2 REPLIES 2

dedmiston
Please see the duplicate thread in fifth-wheels.

And welcome to the forum, RangerReady. I hope you find the help you need. Good luck.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

USAFBILL
Explorer
Explorer
RULE # 2 = You are not allowed to post the same message in multiple forums without permission from one of the Open Roads Forum moderators.
2003 Cougar 285EFS
2000 Chev 2500 Ex Cab