Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can not believe what I just saw

Rollnhome
Explorer
Explorer
Can not believe what I just saw.
I am setting here at Pirateland looking out my window. A guy in the row behind me walks out of his rig with his dog on leash.
They mill around for awhile, then he walks his dog to his neighbor's site (neighbor not there) and let's his dog take a wizz on his picnic table shade cover. They then walk back to thier sight and go inside.
Unbelievable!!!!
2008 Discovery 40X towing a Jeep Grand Cherokee
29 REPLIES 29

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
3oaks wrote:
Not to change the topic, but it is a good idea to turn off your breaker switch when you leave so the next person in won't get a jolt or surge if they do something stupid.
That's automatic with us. We always throw all the breakers at our site before plugging in if they are not already off AND before unplugging.

X3
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

teejaywhy
Explorer
Explorer
Rollnhome wrote:
Can not believe what I just saw.
I am setting here at Pirateland looking out my window. A guy in the row behind me walks out of his rig with his dog on leash.
They mill around for awhile, then he walks his dog to his neighbor's site (neighbor not there) and let's his dog take a wizz on his picnic table shade cover. They then walk back to thier sight and go inside.
Unbelievable!!!!

Pirates! Argggh...
The Yost Outpost
Gilbert, AZ
2007 GMC Sierra Classic 2500HD, Duramax LBZ
2019 Nash 23D

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
We saw someone washing down a table earlier this month in British Columbia. As a matter of fact there is a note posted requesting you clean your table. It was a very nice CG. I guess one never knows what critters walk over it.

Mr__Camper
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
This is one of the reasons why I always take the time to wash down the picnic table right after we get the camper set up. First, you never know what small critter has walked across the top of it, racoon, squirrels, chipmonks and have peed on them. Second, there is almost always bird do on them too.

Fortunate, we have the outside stove and sink and I attached the curled hose and replaced the end with a standard yard sprayer. I can soap up the picnic table and rinse it down, which I always do. Then after each meal, I wash it down again, to remove any spilled food.

But, I will say, I never thought about the neighbor's dog using it for a fire hydrant when I wasn't there! Give me a new reason to be more free with the bubbly soap! I get strange looks from the neighbors many times, bubbling up the picnic table, but this is exactly why I do it.

Still, that's pretty bad of the neighbor camper... really!

Other than me I've. Never seen anyone wash down the picnic table. Good for you and Thanks.
Mr. Camper
Mrs. Camper
Fuzzy Kids = Tipper(RIP), PoLar(RIP), Ginger, Pasha
2013 Open Range Light; 274ORLS
2004 Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel
Retired and love spending the kid's inheritance

hokeypokey
Explorer
Explorer
I want to ask them "how about if I come over and urinate on your site?" (like dogs, but we have none)

20_ft_Midas_Mot
Explorer
Explorer
After reading this, I am glad I didn't use the water fountain. However, when I was at punderson state park people cleaned up after their dogs. Many walked dogs out of their spaces. I didn't see another let the dogs pee near the picnic tables or fire rings or water spigots. I will pay more attention next time I go.

Bill

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
If an incident is reported to management and they do nothing about it, I would be sure to give that cg a proper rating on the internet. Eventually, they will either clean up their act, attract just the trash or go out of business due to lack of same. RVers I think still have a good name. We are known for road courtesy, another topic that is changing, and it is up to us to keep the standards high.

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
Oh, I can believe it. People are pigs. I avoid it by staying inside or, if I'm there to see the sights, I'm gone all day in my Jeep toad and inside my 'C' at night. I'm a single male and consider myself a "visitor" to the area or to friends that live in the area. The RV park is just a parking space, but with full hookups including cable TV. A Laundromat is a bonus.
But I spent my working life traveling for the company and living in Hotels. Even the expensive ones moved last night's top sheet to the bottom and added a clean top sheet for today. And I had to wear shoes inside to keep my socks from sticking to the ground-in dirt in the carpet. And eating in a restaurant meant sitting by myself, staring into space while I waited for my meal.
So if you see a fat guy sitting outside in a chair with an empty chair sitting on the other side of the cooler, have a seat and a beer.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
yup, I agree with Roll. 'amateur' camping. they don't get it! and probably won't ๐Ÿ™‚ more you RV the more you figure it ALL out on how to act in a camping situation. of course, stupid is as stupid does, we all know that ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Rollnhome
Explorer
Explorer
It is definitely amateur "camping" at its best.
2008 Discovery 40X towing a Jeep Grand Cherokee

sarhvac1
Explorer
Explorer
anyone ever been to Pirate land other than the OP we have,, that place is a mad house when prime season people are very rude and disrespectful we had a guy the last time we were there come out his camper every morning in his underwear to smoke a Joint my then 13 year old daughter thought it was funny Me not so much I ask him twice to at least put pants on to get high and his response .... nobody can tell me what to do I paid for this site.. told security the next morning they took the guy to the side and talked to him in his underwear.. next morning same thing we packed up and left never go back to any of the beach camps down there again!!
sarhvac1
08 Forest River Georgetown

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Oh my, small world isn't it?

Well at least you have a title now, and you have also become our
official ambassador for poop control for all the rest of us RV'ers!
Kudos! :B

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

buckeyebob
Explorer
Explorer
dont know where to start on this post!!maybee the part where the dogs **** on the road and nobody sees this when it happens.i was in a sports bar in marathon florida watching the ohio state buckeyes beat oregon for national championship 2 years ago.another buckeye introduced himself,he lived 4 hours away from me.after a bit he approached me and said he had met me before(this could be bad).he said i was the guy at hocking hills state park that yelled at him for leaving his dog poop behind,2 years previous,he later approached me at park and explained his dog had diahreaa!!!!and he hosed it down with a jug of water.i have yelled at so many people for not picking up after their dog,that im known as the poop ****!!!

tvman44
Explorer
Explorer
Dennis12 wrote:
He can be glad it was you and not me.

X2
"You can't fix stupid"
Papa Bob
1* 2008 Brookside by Sunnybrook 32'
1* 2002 F250 Super Duty 7.3L PSD
Husky 16K hitch, Tekonsha P3,
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs, Trailair Equa-Flex, Champion C46540