cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Check this out & tell me what you think.

GadgetmanUSA
Explorer
Explorer
I noticed that the tape on the slide-out roof of our new 2018 2604ws was not adhering well. I took it to the Dealer we bought it from and had a tech look at it cause I was concerned about this area leaking. He told me that this tape was not there to prevent water intrusion. It was there to protect that area from the wiper seal. He said that the seam that the tape covers is protected with butyl tape to keep water out. Then I showed him that the screws were run through the tape instead of the tape covering their heads and he said all manufacturers were different on how the install the screws some underneath the tape and some through it. He also said water should not penetrate there either because of the butyl tape. I'm thinking of removing this tape and replacing it with Eternabond tape but I'm concerned about the edge of the Eternabond tape pulling up after a while from the wiper seal brushing over it.
For some reason the pic I supplied is turned on it's side. Not sure why?
2016 Ford F150 3.5 EcoBoost,Max Tow,LT tires.
2018 Forest River Ultra Lite 2604ws
BluOx 1500lb bars.
26 REPLIES 26

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maybe you could do a pro bono thing for all of us? I guess we could take it out of the mods pay :).
Puma 30RKSS

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
What's really ridiculous is that pics are not automatically resized by the pathetic, obsolete code that powers this forum.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
SWFL FlyFisher wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
That's ridiculous, what's to stop water from running in past that loose flap when the slide is open? Make 'em fix it.

If I'm seeing the pictures right, they are of the outer edge of the slideout roof with the slide open/extended.
Yeah, that's what I saw. It looks like there is nothing to stop the water running right under that piece of tape that doesn't look like it is secured to anything.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

GadgetmanUSA
Explorer
Explorer
SWFL FlyFisher wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
That's ridiculous, what's to stop water from running in past that loose flap when the slide is open? Make 'em fix it.

If I'm seeing the pictures right, they are of the outer edge of the slideout roof with the slide open/extended.

That is correct.The tape is peeling up along most of the edge.
BluOx 1500lb bars.

SWFL_FlyFisher
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Naw, thatโ€™s ugly. Go back and tell them to fix it, IMO.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

GadgetmanUSA
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry about the pic. Here's one a little further away! It's the roof of our bedroom slide-out. Looks like the pic is sideways again.
BluOx 1500lb bars.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with DutchmenSport, what are we looking at? Maybe if it wasn't such a close-up shot.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I'm having a real hard time wrapping my head around, trying to figure out what I'm looking at on your photo.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Your picture is not the best, (sorry), but there is NO part of that I'd be happy with, and it sounds like your dealer is blowing smoke up your ****. ๐Ÿ˜ž
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
How about this view:
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.