cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

delamination rant

boubou64
Explorer
Explorer
Bought a new 2013 Jayco Eagle HT 23.5. Last summer, noticed some bubbling just below and between the city water intake and the outside shower. Sent an email to dealer, still had a few weeks warranty, told me it was not water damage but will send to Jayco for approval. Jayco approved to replace the whole entire back wall. I was shocked Camper spent the winter at the dealers shop and they replaced the wall. Got the camper back on time for first trip, dewinterize, check for leaks (this particular 5th wheel has the rear bathroom so I was more concerned with the connections), I should add that the dealer did a real nice job replacing the wall, you would not ever know it was changed other than a sticker was missing and delimitation gone. Last look, where the city water comes into the rear closet (awkward place to look), I see the hole cutout where it comes in, water leaking right from the fitting into the styrofoam. Really! you'd think dealer would have taken a peek to prevent leaks. Bring the 5er back for them to fix it. Go pick it up, one break locks up and burns. Bring it back and they change the break. Go on our trip, hook up on the city water, look make sure no leak where the dealer "fixed it up".
Guess what!!! they used some type of black plastic that hardens up on the valve but it's still leaking. I am fuming. Fire up an email with pics. Found some RV repair guy, he comes and change the valve, get the receipt and fire that out to dealer too. Got a letter of apology with a promise of a refund.
Seriously, I am convinced this is where the leak was coming from right from get go ( I just never knew to look there) and there 's this guy repeating the same mistake.
Oh well, live and learn. Just lucky I caught it before warranty was over and that Jayco paid for replacement of wall.
http://3dogsandacamper.tumblr.com
2013 Jayco Eagle HT 23.5
2010 Ram 1500 HEMI with integrated brake controller, tow mirrors and Michelins LTX/AT2 275/65R20 max load: 3750 lbs. @ 80 psi
Superglide 2700
Timbrens
0 REPLIES 0