cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dewinterized, what are we doing wrong?

pennysmom09
Explorer
Explorer
We hooked up to city water here at home. Flushed out the pink stuff by turning on all the faucets, shower head, and flushed toilet. Water is coming out of the syphon tube we used to pump in the antifreeze. Why? Where is it drawing water from? When I turn off the city water it stops. Thanks! We must be missing something obvious.
Nancy and Doug
2015 KZ Durango 325RL FW
7 REPLIES 7

pennysmom09
Explorer
Explorer
We found the shut off valve!! Now to figure out why the red and blue overflow tubes are dripping. This is so much fun!! Well, are learning all about our plumbing. We removed the panel between the workings and storage to find the shutoff valve. Now we know where it is and won't have to do that again.
Nancy and Doug
2015 KZ Durango 325RL FW

Hank_MI
Explorer
Explorer
jplante4 wrote:
There's a check valve built into the fresh water pump that's stuck or failed. You can try putting water into the fresh water tank and running water through the pump. That may flush out the crud.

You other choices are replacing the pump or adding a stand-alone check valve (a.k.a. backflow preventer) on the pump fitting.

It still shouldn't come out the syphon tube unless the valve was left open. Assuming pump check valve failed it would back up into fresh water tank.

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Over the decades, from time to time, I've had pump check valves get stuck. I'd take them apart, run water over them, put them back together and they worked again. Never saw whatever was making them stick. Apparently the little fine screen filters in front of the pumps don't catch everything!

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
There's a check valve built into the fresh water pump that's stuck or failed. You can try putting water into the fresh water tank and running water through the pump. That may flush out the crud.

You other choices are replacing the pump or adding a stand-alone check valve (a.k.a. backflow preventer) on the pump fitting.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

pennysmom09
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, we will look for a valve. I'll let you know!
Nancy and Doug
2015 KZ Durango 325RL FW

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
The city water has to be back feeding through the pump. If it was not coming out the siphon tube, it would likely be filling your fresh tank.

Jerry

Wardster
Explorer
Explorer
pennysmom09 wrote:
We hooked up to city water here at home. Flushed out the pink stuff by turning on all the faucets, shower head, and flushed toilet. Water is coming out of the syphon tube we used to pump in the antifreeze. Why? Where is it drawing water from? When I turn off the city water it stops. Thanks! We must be missing something obvious.

Follow that tube you referenced and you'll probably find an open valve that needs closed.
2016 Northern Lite 8'11" Q Classic Special Edition
2003 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab 4x4 - Duramax/Allison