cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Drawer and Cabinet Latches

rickfraza
Explorer
Explorer
Most have experienced drawers or cabinets opening while traveling. This often damages the drawer slides or cabinet doors. A simple way to solve this problem is to install "child safety locks" on the drawers and cabinets. The locks will catch when the drawer or cabinet is open about one inch. The safety catch can be easily depressed to open the drawer or cabinet, but will also keep it from opening fully during travel.
8 REPLIES 8

kellertx5er
Explorer
Explorer
sljkansas wrote:
For a first post it's a good idea

What if it was the 23rd post? Not so good?
Keller TX
'19 Chevy 2500HD 6.0L
'09 Outback Sydney 321FRL 5er
SUPPORT TEXAS STATE PARKS

thestoloffs
Explorer
Explorer
All our overhead cabinet doors have reverse "C"-shaped handles that face each other in pairs.

So, we got a few straps of Velcro and tie-off each set of handles, and the doors can't open!

rjsurfer
Explorer
Explorer
I just added another catch on every cabinet door. $10 for a bag of ten on amazon.

Ron W.
03 Dodge 2500 SRW,SB,EC
2018 Keystone 25RES
DRZ-400SM
DL-650

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
All the drawers and cabinet doors in our toyhauler already have spring loaded catches so they don't open in transit. I actually assumed all trailers have them.

My drawers have gravity latchesโ€”they need to be lifted slightly to open. They work pretty well, except perhaps on very bumpy roads.

My cabinets just have typical spring cabinet friction latches. They're not very effective against rolling watermelons or, presumably, similarly hefty and shifty loads.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
All the drawers and cabinet doors in our toyhauler already have spring loaded catches so they don't open in transit. I actually assumed all trailers have them.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Moved from Forum Technical Support

sljkansas
Explorer
Explorer
For a first post it's a good idea
Steve & Linda
Son married (1 DIL, 3 granddaughters 1 grandson)
Daughter Married.
Miami Co. Kansas
2004 F350 CC dually 8ft bed 6.0 PSD
2009 Bighorn 3670RL
B&W under bed hitch with 18k companion hitch

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
interesting first post.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman