cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawer is "sticky".

jalichty
Explorer
Explorer
We had some work done on our FW this summer an started getting it ready for a little trip to Yellowstone NP. Turned out there was sawdust in a few of the drawers. The top smaller drawer to the right of the sink is very hard pulling out and pushing back in. Our trailer is a HT 26.5 RLS and this is the only drawer with a problem at this time. Could somebody help with with taking the drawer out so we can look at the rest of the slide assembly? I am not much of a mechanic or handyman so any help would be greatly appreciated.
John A. Lichty
7 REPLIES 7

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Try looking under the drawer when it's fully extended. On mine there is a tab you push up with your fingertip to allow you to pull the drawer all the way out.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Mfan
Explorer
Explorer
Decorite drawer slides on YouTube have many videos.

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
jalichty wrote:
Old-Biscuit, I have looked all over the drawers slides and cannot seem to find any kind of latch. There are little loops at the front, but no latches. Any other place you might know about?

When you extend the drawer as far as it will go, the little release latches will be right where the two sections are connected.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

Mfan
Explorer
Explorer
On my fw, they are long and narrow. Use a flashlight or a toothpick to poke along the track.

jalichty
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit, I have looked all over the drawers slides and cannot seem to find any kind of latch. There are little loops at the front, but no latches. Any other place you might know about?
John A. Lichty

MURPHY55347
Explorer
Explorer
We had a problem where the slides at the back of the drawer were closer together then the front causing the drawer to get pinched as you pushed it in. Adjusting one of the rear slides fixed the problem.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pull draw at just far enough to reach the release levers on side of slide track
One side goes up to release and other side goes down

Then pull draw completely out of slide track

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31