cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dumb-Ass Traunts Buffalo in Yellowstone Thursday

Captain_Happy
Explorer
Explorer
Just saw this on Yahoo Home Page this afternoon. Shows this dumb-ass out side his vehicle truanting a 2,000 lb buffalo in the middle of the road. This guy has had 3 encounters with National Park personal in the last 45 days and he's still out walking around doing stupid stunts. And of course my money was on the buffalo. Just 1 less idiot on the planet.

I was driving on the north loop last Saturday, suddenly all the cars in front of me stopped in the road. Looked down the road and here's this big male buffalo walking right down the middle of the road taking his sweat time coming right at me, right on the center line too. I'm one of the smarter types, stayed in my truck, got out my camera and waited for him to walk right by my window so I could take his picture. Got his whole head in the shot. Wow.
20 REPLIES 20

ctilsie242
Explorer
Explorer
There was a book called "Death in Yellowstone", which is definitely worth a read. It started with someone jumping after their dog into one of the geyser fountains... and expiring soon after. I consider it a must read for anyone going there or taking their families there. Mainly because it is a park, dealing with raw nature. It isn't Disney World, or even a downtown city district where the worst that might happen is that they wind up in the city drunk tank.

The issue is that someone dumb and drunk like that can survive, and gain fame and cash on YouTube, which encourages more to do the same. A night or two in a drunk tank for possibly becoming the next "cash me outside" person, and becoming a millionaire, likely will have a bunch of people wanting to punch buffaloes in hopes they wind up on FailArmy. If someone videotapes themselves getting gored, YouTube may not take the video, but many, many other sites will, and the proceeds might even outweigh the hospital bills.

hotbyte
Explorer
Explorer
Taunt?
2018 Minnie Winnie 24M

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
SeaCoast wrote:
You used the words Traunts and truanting.
What is that?

Picking on. Challanging. Trying to get the animal to charge..

Generally being a Bully or Smart-A##. Being stupid.

Trying to pick a fight.

All mean the same thing.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Yellowstone info centers show a video on this topic starring a less fortunate genius; one of those 2000 lb buffaloes somehow hooks the guy with his horn and tosses him about 15 feet straight up into a tree. Actually comical to see.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

SeaCoast
Explorer
Explorer
You used the words Traunts and truanting.
What is that?
>> 2003 Fleetwood Pioneer 27TB8 (SOLD)
>> 2005 CROSSROADS CRUISER CF30BH (SOLD)
>> In search of Pop-up <<

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
He has multiple alcohol offenses he's awaiting trial for.
The first one he was released with a special condition "NO BOOZE.

So now instead of putting the buffalo in a cage as so many might well wish.
HE is in a cage... Where he belongs.. Awaiting trial

YOu see when you are on bail with a special condition of NO BOOZE
and you get arrested for Drunk and Disorderly.. YOu don't get released again.

Seen It happen live... I was in court on a ******** charge (Dismissed by the way) and the defendant before me was drunk. .He was there on a DUI and he was still Drunk.. Judge was not happy. He was not either. I was.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
Nah! He wouldn't even have earned an honorable mention for a Darwin Award.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
Read the back story... This guy was on a multi NP trip. He had already been busted for DUI and some other stuff. You just can't fix stupid. To bad had didn't get gored. Would have taken his genes out of the pool.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
He likes to taunt wild animals or tease them I know where there are some Mountain Lions.
In Arkansas, in 1850-60s from history in Missouri annals a family members were going to visit other family a few miles down the paths. She was in later teen and her younger brother about five. He was riding behind here. A mountain Lion came after them and jumped on the back, of the horse, several times, trying to drag the little boy off until they near the cabin and Relatives came to their shouts.
I've rubbed the forehead, of a big buffalo but from a heavy wagon. All he wanted was food. You've never seen sandpaper like their tongue.
Not going to tease one for sure. They can and have or turned cars and bent them up bad.

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
1. There is no cure for stupid.

2. Stupidity is a Capital Offense.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

hotpepperkid
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe wrote:
He got arrested today.

:B:B
2019 Ford F-350 long bed SRW 4X4 6.4 PSD Grand Designs Reflection 295RL 5th wheel

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
He was arrested in Glacier and is now in jail with bail revoked from the other incidents. Good place for him.

Why does some idiot like that even want to come to National Parks??? Why doesn't he just stay home and drink??
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

Kavoom
Explorer
Explorer
That Buff must have been in a good mood.

This one wasn't. I wish this guy had gotten similar treatment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNvTHOrTf_Y

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe wrote:
He got arrested today.

Yes for the 3rd time in a month. Other 2 times he was drunk and disorderly.
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)