cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

enclosed Trailer problems with campgrounds

fred120
Explorer
Explorer
I have always flat towed, however considering buying a vehicle that would have to be on a trailer. Is it a problem with RV parks? Do most have procedures if you pull a trailer vehicle or do you have to search long and hard to get in parks with one?
6 REPLIES 6

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Moved to Dinghy Towing forum from Towing.
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have found this varies quite a bit. In many public campgrounds, and private RV parks where you choose a site to fit your motorhome, a trailer will end up in overflow parking within or outside the campground. This works the same for flat-towed vehicles, boat trailers, or accompanied separately driven vehicles and their tows. However, for big-rig sites in big-rig friendly RV parks, it should make no difference whether you trailer or flat-tow, so long as your rig fits on the 60-80 foot site.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
as above.. the parks I have visited.. they have a Storage area for all types of trailers.. at an added cost..

and not permitted at campsite... unless its the little car haul with 2 wheels UP.. car-caddy. Tow dolly.

Bedlam
Some private RV resorts will give you problems with having an enclosed trailer in the camp spot and will charge you extra while making you park it in overflow even if all fits in the spot. I see this with my truck camper and enclosed trailer even though I fit a 50โ€™ pull through.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Most RV parks are very accommodating, but some have limited space and short sites so you might have to check before hand. Older parks near popular spots are usually the most restrictive.

Other parks have places in the back 40 to park your trailer.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
No. flat towed or trailered is just a matter of space. With flat towing, you can do a back in, need only length for the MH & towed. With trailering, you need space for all 3, and likely a pull thru. limits you to pricey, less choice sites.