cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Enclosed underbelly

Herd_Fan
Explorer
Explorer
So, how many of you have a couple access areas that you cut open and keep taped shut when not using? I had to do that with my last trailer, and may have to do it again now to find the source of a trickle of water. I'm not a fan of enclosed underbellies, but I know some folks are.
2017 Flagstaff Micro Lite 21 DS
2007 Dodge 2500 5.9L CTD, 4x4, quad cab
5 REPLIES 5

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
We have access panels pre-cut ( for valve access, etc) with a wooded frame surrounding ( inside the underbelly skirting) the access. Remove the tape and a few screws, and your there!

However, right now.....about 2/3โ€™s of the underbelly on our 40 footer is on the ground right now. Needed to do some work inside the โ€œbellyโ€ and run a gas line, for an Olympian Wave heater. Itโ€™s a pain to drop and even worse to put back. But, when you camp when below zero F.....itโ€™s kinda necessary!
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

Herd_Fan
Explorer
Explorer
On our last trip, we noticed water had dripped from the rear, slotted drain/vent hole in the underbelly. It sucks not knowing if it's due to an overflow, leak, etc..
2017 Flagstaff Micro Lite 21 DS
2007 Dodge 2500 5.9L CTD, 4x4, quad cab

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Ours came from the factory with access openings already cut and then resealed with screws...areas for dump valves, and a couple of electricals.

I haven't had to open them yet
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Because of the dump system, long story, I have to open a small section everytime we dump black water. Seal it up everytime with metal type tape.

The hard part is learning where to cut open without cutting the wrong area or too much or too little so you cant get at where you need.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I opened the underbelly on our last trailer one time in 13 year (for modification). Since it wasn't a normal thing, I just used the screws securing it rather than cut more holes.