cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Excellent mobile repair service

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
I'm off camping and had a serious electrical issue. Called Affordable RV Mobile Repair and Ed Swaney came out and spent 2.5 hours diagnosing the issue and got me going again. Excellent work and very reasonable on price. Highly recommend him if you are in the Ocala/Crystal River area
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)
11 REPLIES 11

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
rockhillmanor wrote:

RV Mobile Repair this is their job, their company and how they make their living. Word of mouth in a CG is what drives their business.

My son has his own mobile repair RV service, and also has a large warehouse/shop in the Ft.Lauderdale area for big jobs like roof/wall repair, replacement and such. A couple of weeks ago he had to drive down to Fiesta Key (2 1/2 - 3 hrs away), in the keys, to install an awning on a 5th wheel, that he had done a pretty major roof repair on,in his shop.
Since that trip he's had over a 1/2 dozen calls from other people in that campground wanting various issues fixed.
Unfortunately that place is just too far away to make it worthwhile for him to do service work, at least if they're all small jobs.
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

Jbrowland
Explorer
Explorer
rockhillmanor wrote:
I hope that all honest mechanics become millionaires. Unfortunately, I have met so few.

I respectively disagree if you are talking about 'RV mobile repair'. Now Local repair shops well I might have to agree with you! :B
But IMHO not RV Mobile Repair.

When I went full time I found others at CG's using mobile repair for everything fro repairs up to and including maintenance. So I gave it a try and haven't looked back.

For 7 years I exclusively used RV Mobile Repair while on the road. The convenience of it is hands down the only way to go. And I found each and every one I called in every town I traveled thru VERY experienced and very reasonably priced. AND 99% of the time they have the part you need right on board their truck which = same day repair.

When you figure you are paying around 100 bucks an hour for a rv shop and have to leave it for days on end and IMHO and in my few experiences really poor and shoddy work from a low paid tech who is just looking for when its time to punch out. WHY use them?

RV Mobile Repair this is their job, their company and how they make their living. Word of mouth in a CG is what drives their business.

My MH has not seen the inside of repair shop in 7 years. I use RV mobile Repair while I sit back in a lawn chair with a cold one while she's being repaired or serviced. :C

Glad to hear this!

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
fla-gypsy wrote:
rockhillmanor wrote:
Thank You!
I just spent the better part of today calling around for a mobile repair for Rainbow Springs. thanks for the good review.

what was his price for the trip charge?

Rockhillmanor I don't remember but I think the service call was $50. The guy spent 2.5 hours with me, correctly diagnosed and fixed the problem and only charged me $140. I couldn't get the money out of my pocket fast enough.

:B

X2 RV Mobile Repair IMHO is the only way to go!

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
rockhillmanor wrote:
Thank You!
I just spent the better part of today calling around for a mobile repair for Rainbow Springs. thanks for the good review.

Rockhillmanor I don't remember but I think the service call was $50. The guy spent 2.5 hours with me, correctly diagnosed and fixed the problem and only charged me $140. I couldn't get the money out of my pocket fast enough.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
I hope that all honest mechanics become millionaires. Unfortunately, I have met so few.

I respectively disagree if you are talking about 'RV mobile repair'. Now Local repair shops well I might have to agree with you! :B
But IMHO not RV Mobile Repair.

When I went full time I found others at CG's using mobile repair for everything fro repairs up to and including maintenance. So I gave it a try and haven't looked back.

For 7 years I exclusively used RV Mobile Repair while on the road. The convenience of it is hands down the only way to go. And I found each and every one I called in every town I traveled thru VERY experienced and very reasonably priced. AND 99% of the time they have the part you need right on board their truck which = same day repair.

When you figure you are paying around 100 bucks an hour for a rv shop and have to leave it for days on end and IMHO and in my few experiences really poor and shoddy work from a low paid tech who is just looking for when its time to punch out. WHY use them?

My MH has not seen the inside of repair shop in 7 years. I use RV mobile Repair while I sit back in a lawn chair with a cold one while she's being repaired or serviced. :C

Jbrowland
Explorer
Explorer

I did however once have a mobile RV tech who was so honest that he diagnosed my problem and explained how to fix it for free over the phone. I gave that guy a glowing review and he will be the first person I call when next I need RV service. I insisted on payment and he refused.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Thank You!

Redterpos3
Explorer
Explorer
Nice to hear the positive!! Sometimes you get to wondering if there are any folks doing good work out there, since we hear so much of the negative here (which is expected on a forum). Thanks for sharing!
The Travelin' Terrapins!
2016 Ford F-350 SRW;CC;4x4;172WB;6.7PSD;34,000m
2011 Nash 27T 12,995m
2013 Yr1 30nts 3150m
2014 Yr2 52nts 3365m
2015 yr3 25nts 2260m
2016 yr4 46nts 2500m
2017 yr5 24nts 1720m
2018 yr6 4nts 30m

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
darsben1 wrote:
well post reviews of the mobile services at rvservicereviews.com

Already did it

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
well post reviews of the mobile services at rvservicereviews.com
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info Fla-Gypsy. I live in Weeki Wachhe and use Citrus RV for my mobile issues...they are super good too. At least they have been for me.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992