cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

External Holding Tank

dmgrodsky
Explorer
Explorer
Due to a significant delay in the construction of our new home we are having to setup a winter camp with our 30' Bullet TT at the property by end November. I have access to fresh water and electrical service to run the furnace and hose heaters. However since there is no septic. system installed and no practical way of dumping I am going to need to set up a large capacity holding tank that can pumped from time to time. Need any/all advice. Anyone know of companies in TN that rent/pump them? Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

Explorer
Explorer
As Oasisbob said but dig a hole 6 feet in diameter and put small rock around the barrel. It will last for many years. I have a cabin and it has lasted 32 years for minimum use.
The manatees of Halls river Homosassa Springs Fl

1985 Chevy Silverado c10. 454 stroker / 495 CI = 675 HP. 650lb of torque. Turb0 400 tranny. 3000 stall converter. Aluminum heads. 3 inch exhaust flowmasters. 2 inch headers. Heat and air. Tubed.

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
I made a dump station by sinking a 50 galolon drum in a hole surrounded with large rocks. I drilled several 3 inch holes in the trum and ran a pipt to just below the ground. Works fine
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I just did a quick Google search for your location. Check with these folks and see if they have "portable" options for you: Click here.

dmgrodsky
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. Have to research macerator pump.

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
Macerator pump and a large plastic holding tank.Septic pump service.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.