cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

F-150 best add on mirrors for this shape of mirror

CampinHappy
Explorer
Explorer
Getting back into RV'ing after a 3 year hiatus and have a different TV than before. Has anyone found a good strap on mirror for the F-150 (2017 Lariat) that seems to work better than the others.

I know it's subjective, but since you can't really go any place and "try them on like a pair of shoes..." I wanted to see what some of you have used and liked.

Muchos thanks!
CampinHappy
West Texas Region
2021 Premier 29RK, 2017 F-150 pulling it fine
Former covered wagons include:

2007 K-Z Spree 240 BH with triple bunks for my 3 amigos
Formerly a 99 Coleman Niagara PUP
wife version 1.0 (so far :B) 4 boys who have flown the coop ๐Ÿ™‚
19 REPLIES 19

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
I am going to recommend the OP go to https://www.ksource.org/ and spend some time on their website. Ksource is a manufacturer of mirrors, and nothing else. They are OEM to all of the car manufacturers, so the products you get are generally the same as the ones you get from the dealer or manufacturer. Somewhere in their website they do have a place to plug in your make, model, year, etc and it will give you choices of different mirrors.

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

CampinHappy
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered these: https://www.etrailer.com/Towing-Mirrors/CIPA/CM11550.html and they look great. Now we just have to see how they hold up.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!
CampinHappy
West Texas Region
2021 Premier 29RK, 2017 F-150 pulling it fine
Former covered wagons include:

2007 K-Z Spree 240 BH with triple bunks for my 3 amigos
Formerly a 99 Coleman Niagara PUP
wife version 1.0 (so far :B) 4 boys who have flown the coop ๐Ÿ™‚

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
The aftermarket Ford towing mirrors only cost me $230 AND gave me heated mirrors & turn signals that I didnโ€™t have before. You do have to get out and fold them in for a standard home garage opening or a car wash but well worth the added effort. Simple install. I considered the CIPA types but wanted the heat since I park outside in PA. Replacement standard size power mirrors with heat & signal were $140, still leaving the extension consideration.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
BarneyS wrote:
We had Cipa slide-ons on our 1999 Ram and were perfectly happy with them. They allowed you to see what was coming up on the side of you and did not vibrate, yet were easy to put on and take off.
Barney

Had the same brand for my 97 Ram conversion van. these are the only aftermarket ones I would use if you cant get OEM style tow mirrors!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
We had Cipa slide-ons on our 1999 Ram and were perfectly happy with them. They allowed you to see what was coming up on the side of you and did not vibrate, yet were easy to put on and take off.
Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

rmnpcolorado
Explorer
Explorer
Donโ€™t let people tell you that aftermarket additions are mediocre because theyโ€™re not. The CIPA slide ons that we had on our Avalanche were great and vibration free-they didnโ€™t move. I would highly recommend them over some of those other contraptions.
2020 Ford F-150 3.5L w/Max Tow
2023 Riverside RV Intrepid 240BHi

SpeakEasy
Explorer
Explorer
For strap-on mirrors, I don't think there is anything better than the McKesh mirrors.

Here.

You probably can't tell from the pictures, but they rachet down and are solid as a rock. No vibration whatsoever.

-Speak
It's just Mrs. SpeakEasy and me now (empty-nesters). But we can choose from among 7 grandchildren to drag along with us!

2014 F-150 Super Crew Short Bed 3.5L Ecoboost
2014 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
I agree that the CIPA clamp on mirrors work very well. They are easy to use and give a good, vibration-free view. They are also very reasonably priced. I also own an F150
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

Seon
Explorer
Explorer
Wish ford made the large F-series tow mirrors for the e-series vans. The van has the small convex mirrors that's harder to see the curbs when making right hand turns.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
those strapon/addon mirrors are mediocre at best. I would spend the money and get a set of factory towing mirrors. the aftermarket also sells factory style towing mirrors. this is a much better option.

aftermarket f150 tow mirrors.
There are others but the prices go up. I have bought from 1A auto a few times and have no complaints with there stuff.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I had CIPAs on my F150. The new F250 has power folding and extending mirrors.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

Timmo_
Explorer II
Explorer II
CIPA here. Bought mine when I bought my truck (2005) and they still work fine today.
Tim & Sue
Hershey (Sheltie)
2005 F150 4x4 Lariat 5.4L 3.73 Please buy a Hybrid...I need your gas for my 35.7 gallon tank!
2000 Nash 19B...comfortably pimped with a real Queen Size Bed

APT
Explorer
Explorer
I am happy with the Grand Aero 3 mirrors. They extend farther than the CIPA custom fit and K-Source custom fit I used before.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
i had CIPAs on my Avalanche and i now have them on my F150. love them and they are way cheaper.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes