cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

First tow with SumoSprings

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
First tow with SumoSpring 1000# model, no WDH, AND Goodyear Endurance tires.

It was glorious! No noticeable rear sag, no heavy WDH to deal with.
Good old Google maps had me on several gravel road sections and other crappy roads. 45mph was comfortable, more was not. Drove home using known roads. 40 miles one way to the CG, 45 miles going home. It was worth the comfort. Overall, TT seemed easier to control.
I took actions to keep my Tongue Weight under 500# but was unable to weigh it. My RV home spot is on a hill and so was the campsite so I couldnโ€™t use my Curt BetterWeigh. I did weight the truck and then truck with TT. Numbers seemed high on the truck and low on the TT. Need more weighing data ;(
9050# both
6300# truck.
2750 left for TT, should be more like 3500#.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,
3 REPLIES 3

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
bucky wrote:
The tongue weight is included in the truck weight and not included in the trailer weight. Weigh the truck by itself, it won't be 6300 anymore.

The program isnโ€™t sophisticated enough to weigh just the truck when tongue weight is applied. The weight is measured going from a full stop to 15mph at medium throttle. Getting the smooth medium throttle is actually the hardest part.
Weight with TT is total weight.
Tongue weight can be electronically measured on a level spot by the BetterWeigh measuring the difference between pre and post settling the coupler on the ball, I.e. truck squat. Iโ€™m concerned the Sumo Springs might affect that.
Reweighed with only one occupant on a different road, no trailer, 5700#. Still high to me. Didnโ€™t reweigh with TT.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
The tongue weight is included in the truck weight and not included in the trailer weight. Weigh the truck by itself, it won't be 6300 anymore.
Puma 30RKSS

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
What a good report. I too have discontinued using WDH with no noticeable issues (airbags added) but have not lightened my tongue weight.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad