cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ford Edge dinghys

jmac
Explorer
Explorer
Need help, 2014 Edge SEC, with Invisabrake, after setup per manual , key in accessory pos, new Batterey still goes dead after day of towing . Also have aux trickle charger ????

Jerry & Judy McDonald

MOLLY (THE BASENJI) Now R.I.P

Verizon cell & broadband

2003 DP Escaper 3979/330 cat MH
PT
http://jerryjudytravels.blogspot.com

8 REPLIES 8

trtog7
Explorer
Explorer
We had the same problem with our 2013 Edge
Had to buy a product so the RV battery would charge the car battery Sorry can not remember what it was called Now works well unless the car batteries need tot be replaced. Was having problem with car battery again One shop checked car battery was fine Another said we needed a new battery After that now working well

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
We have a 2014 Ford Flex we tow. We did everything according to the manual and it still would drain the battery. So DH installed a battery disconnect knife blade switch on a battery post. It's the last thing we do when we set up to tow. Works perfectly and no dead battery after towing.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Start car a and move ac to recirculate.
Turn off radio and turn headlights to off not automatic.
Put car in neutral and turn car off. Our 2010 Edge with the gear shift in neutral just turn the key as far back as it will go, which is the accessory position. Ours is a 13 and no key so in neutral, no do not put foot on the brake, push start button until tow shows in little display on dash.
If you do not he a charge wire from the coach to car, the car will draw when you put the brakes on and when tail lights or flashers come on.
With a charge wire from coach to car you tail lights and turn signals and brakes will be running off the battery.
We ran ours down a time or two in the 2010 with key start by not putting the key in accessory position. The accessory position keeps the front wheels from locking. Your radio and headlights will operate if you leave them on.
Someone reaffirm this as it has been a while since it has been a while since we drove the 210 with key start.
Your manual should tell all this too.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
My gut says you will need a multimeter and chase down each circuit to see where the power is going. Not as hard as it sounds. With the key in the accessory position, pop the lid off of the fuse box under the hood. Use the probes from your meter across the top of each fuse. The circuits that are drawing power will quickly stick out.

RognBon
Explorer
Explorer
Send the moderator a message and ask to have it moved to the dinghy towing forum. To answer your question, try turning the key all the way to the left instead of stopping at accessory. That is how it works on our 2008 Edge. The steering wheel remains unlocked and we have never had a battery issue in over nine years of towing. Also, make sure all electronics are turned off (automatic lights, climate control, sound system, etc).
RognBon
1997 Monaco Dynasty 40'
Cummins 8.3 325 HP
2008 Ford Edge Toad

jmac
Explorer
Explorer
Whoops sorry, my mistake.how do I move this to another group??????

Jerry & Judy McDonald

MOLLY (THE BASENJI) Now R.I.P

Verizon cell & broadband

2003 DP Escaper 3979/330 cat MH
PT
http://jerryjudytravels.blogspot.com

mkc
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
You would better off asking this in the Class A forum.

More lilke the Dingy Towing one https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/listings/forum/31.cfm
2017 LTV Unity

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
You would better off asking this in the Class A forum.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper