cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hitch Heigth

vannma
Explorer
Explorer
I am picking up my new Wildwood FSX 187RB in a few days. Does anyone know the size ball and hitch heigth from the ground for this camper? I am wanting to purchase the correct hitch for my 2015 RAM pickup.
6 REPLIES 6

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
I doubt it was intentional, drsteve. First off, they have no idea how you're going to be loaded out for a trip. Second off, time is money and the less time they spend on your hitch, the more money they get to put in their pockets.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
mkirsch wrote:
Well, the dealer will ASSEMBLE it for you, and probably have it put together good enough to get the trailer home, but you will need to set it up yourself once the trailer is loaded and ready for camping.

187RB is a single axle travel trailer. Won't need a WD hitch on a RAM pickup. I'd just get an adjustable height like a B&W Tow & Stow.

I purchased a new Coachmen last year, and the dealer set my new hitch up while we were doing the paperwork. I fully expected to have to make major changes, but they nailed it. I added a bit more tension to the WD bars when loaded for camping, and it is spot on.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

LIKE2BUILD
Explorer
Explorer
For that light trailer an adjustable ball mount will be fine. Either of these should work.

MaxxTow 6" drop / 7 7/8" rise dual ball adjustable 12,000 lbs.

MaxxTow 5 3/4" drop/rise 10,000 lbs Tr-Ball.
'14 Ram 2500|Crew Cab Long Bed|4X4|Cummins
Curt Q20 with Ram 5th Wheel Prep
2000 Crownline 205BR
1997 Ranger Comanche 461VS
'01 Polaris Virage TX PWC
'94 Polaris SLT750 PWC
3 Wonderful Sons (21, 15, & 13)
1 forgiving wife!!!

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Well, the dealer will ASSEMBLE it for you, and probably have it put together good enough to get the trailer home, but you will need to set it up yourself once the trailer is loaded and ready for camping.

187RB is a single axle travel trailer. Won't need a WD hitch on a RAM pickup. I'd just get an adjustable height like a B&W Tow & Stow.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Consider buying your new hitch from the dealer and having them set it up.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Best just to call the dealer you bought it from....get them to level it and measure the height and tell you what size ball....It's going to be either a 2" or a 2 5/16". Single axle trailer...probably a 2".......but call and get it right before you get into ordering hitching equip.

Congrats on the new rig..
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro