cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How common are fold-up vs "standard" sinks in wet baths?

coolusername
Explorer II
Explorer II
Exactly what the title asks: in RVs, what type of sink is more typical or common, or which would I be more likely to find: fold-up sinks, or "standard" sinks with the basin fully built into/attached to the wall or some other surface? I'm particularly thinking of wet baths here, especially since I assume those are probably more variable in sink styles and amenities compared to the "normal" setup in dry baths. (As for RV size/type, if that's an important factor in answering, probably consider a Class C on the larger side.)

And even just in general, how common actually ARE fold-up sinks (I feel like, relatively speaking, I don't really see or hear about them all that much, even in wet baths)? Are they considered particularly typical for RVs/wet baths at all or are they more of a "special case" sort of feature?
6 REPLIES 6

coolusername
Explorer II
Explorer II
austinjenna wrote:
From my experience the fold up sink is typically in a class B or truck camper because the majority of those rv's have wet baths, Generally a class C as you mentioned has a dry bath and would have a fixed sink.

Thatโ€™s true, I have noticed most Class Cs tend to have a dry bath, although there are some that still have wet baths right? I know Iโ€™ve seen a few. In an RV with the general size/style of a Class Cโ€”for those that do have a wet bathโ€”would they still be more likely to usually have a sink fixed to the wall or other surface even if itโ€™s in a wet bath?

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
I honestly can't say that I've ever seen one in a modern motorhome. Maybe in the little ones, with fewer frills, but IMO they send the "cheap" message.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

coolusername
Explorer II
Explorer II
fj12ryder wrote:
I think a foldup sink would be most common in the low-wall popup campers. TBH I've not seen one in years.

Iโ€™m not super versed in the common differences between them, but what about motorhomes rather than towed campers? Do the self-propelled โ€œvehicleโ€ RVs (motorhomes and the like, not sure if thereโ€™s other terms for them) not usually have fold-ups for bathroom sinks compared to smaller, towed camper spaces?

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
We have one in our T@B400. Works well.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think a foldup sink would be most common in the low-wall popup campers. TBH I've not seen one in years.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
From my experience the fold up sink is typically in a class B or truck camper because the majority of those rv's have wet baths, Generally a class C as you mentioned has a dry bath and would have a fixed sink.

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K