cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How do nomads insure their toads or tow vehicles?

mileena
Explorer
Explorer
I understand there is separate RV insurance for full-timers, but what about their toads or tow vehicles??

All insurance quoting systems I have used online ask for the zip code the vehicle will be "garaged" at. There is no check box for full-timer. Do I just put down the zip code for the mail forwarder on my South Dakota DL? Or do you let them know on the phone that you are full-timing with your toad and they can add that note to your policy?
6 REPLIES 6

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Contact this Lady she has every answer for every question you can think of!!!

Terri Lund
My Dakota Address
110 E. Center St.
Madison, SD 57042
www.mydakotaaddress.com
Phone: 605-427-5863
Fax: 605-427-9626
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

hotbyte
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not sure about toads, but there is that one insurance company with "frog" protection. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚
2018 Minnie Winnie 24M

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
This is a big part of why you got a SD license and mail forwarder. So you have an address for purposes like this.

Have you gone to
www.escapees.com
and looked at the information on the how's and why's on domicile creation? I know you said you have created one, but there could be some items covered there that you had not considered.

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Do make sure to confirm your use with the insurance but yeah, same address as your license or where your tax forms go to.

For a small fender bender, they probably won't check but if there is a big payout involved, you don't want to give them a reason to argue you falsified your application.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

mileena
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
YES you use your 'domicile' address ie: Mail forwarding address

Our FTrs 'home owners' policy covered our 'home' plus RV coverage AND companion vehicle......2 separate policies

Thank you! That makes it so much easier then.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
YES you use your 'domicile' address ie: Mail forwarding address

Our FTrs 'home owners' policy covered our 'home' plus RV coverage AND companion vehicle......2 separate policies
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31