cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hwy 97 BC to California

98Evo
Explorer
Explorer
We are leaving BC thru Osoyoos and are planning to go south on 97. Any comments, tips or suggestions would be appreciated.
2009 Seneca
07 Harley Ultra
9 REPLIES 9

98Evo
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the positive feedback everyone. I'm in Celista so yes I will keep an eye out for Herb. Safe travels
2009 Seneca
07 Harley Ultra

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
goducks10 wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
From Ooosoyoos to Bend it's a good road and a great alternative to I-5.
Idk, never been south of Bend on it.

South of Bend to Weed CA is as good as it gets for a two lane hwy.
Drove it many times.

Driven it from Weed, Ca. to Pateros, Wa. It's a very good road.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Earl_E
Explorer
Explorer
It's a great alternative to speeding down the Interstate. Just enjoy the trip and know that much of it is two lane and you won't be breaking any speed records. It's far more interesting than the Freeway.
2007 Northwoods Arctic Fox 32 5S Fifth Wheel used for fulltiming for several years--SOLD
2014 Sunnybrook 26rl to poke around the smaller parks in the great Southwest
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Diesel
Prodigy brake control

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
romore wrote:
This is funny. I live in Enderby and am acquainted with the owner of that museum, he is quite the collector. BTW, to the op, you also posted in Roads and Routes which is where it belongs.

I really liked this guy! Just a super nice down to earth fellow. My 23 YO daughter at first did not like the fact that I stopped there. The old guy came out and chatted us up.

Next thing I know we were taking a private tour the museum. The guy was so interesting that my daughter really got into it. She even got to fly on of his flying lawn mowers. She was having so much fun that I thought she was going to mow the guy's whole yard! LOL

Anyway for $5 per person this is a must see if you like old stuff that works! I could have stayed there for hours and so could my daughter!

I'll tell Herb you called him an old guy! Just kidding, he is very personable.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:

South of Bend to Weed CA is as good as it gets for a two lane hwy.
Drove it many times.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
romore wrote:
This is funny. I live in Enderby and am acquainted with the owner of that museum, he is quite the collector. BTW, to the op, you also posted in Roads and Routes which is where it belongs.

I really liked this guy! Just a super nice down to earth fellow. My 23 YO daughter at first did not like the fact that I stopped there. The old guy came out and chatted us up.

Next thing I know we were taking a private tour the museum. The guy was so interesting that my daughter really got into it. She even got to fly on of his flying lawn mowers. She was having so much fun that I thought she was going to mow the guy's whole yard! LOL

Anyway for $5 per person this is a must see if you like old stuff that works! I could have stayed there for hours and so could my daughter!
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
I don't really know what you want to know?

We came through that way this summer on our way to Richland Wa. The people at the border crossing were nice and friendly to "me."
Pretty good size border crossing.

The road is not the best or the worst that I have been on. I don't know how low you're going but "I think" (it's been years) between Rufus and Bend I call it the camel hump road. Up and down, up and down over and over again. I burned tons of diesel on that road!

Anyway, safe travels and have fun!

BTW if you're going through Enderby BC and like "old stuff" I highly recommend you see the largest lawn mower in the world. You can see the largest lawn mower for free but I really recommend you tour his museum. Crazy amount of stuff and most of is still working.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln