cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Idiots on vacation.

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
More rock toppling vandals on the loose, this time in Oregon. Hope they get twice as much as those in Goblin Valley several months ago. Link here.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard
17 REPLIES 17

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
wa8yxm wrote:
gbopp wrote:
You can't fix rude/stupid, unfortunately.

Actually there is, occsionally, a fix for Stupid.

Wendy Northcutt (AKA Darwin) used to collect stories but I hear she retired (www.darwinawards.com) Some of them were rather good.

Unfortunately, it's illegal in this country.
There is No punishment, that is enough for these worthless excuses for humanity. :M
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
gbopp wrote:
You can't fix rude/stupid, unfortunately.

Actually there is, occsionally, a fix for Stupid.

Wendy Northcutt (AKA Darwin) used to collect stories but I hear she retired (www.darwinawards.com) Some of them were rather good.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Searching_Ut
Explorer
Explorer
ParkCountry wrote:
fla-gypsy wrote:
The article did not reference any suspects or if they were on vacation or not. Could just as easy been local hooligans

I'm familiar with the Goblin Valley State Park incident. These miscreants were actually adult scout LEADERS. I watched video of it (yes, they actually posted it) and they were having a good time. Later, when called to account, they claimed that they were only knocking it over because it was a "safety issue" for hikers. How outrageous is that? These idiots set the example for our young, impressionable scouts? The justice system should have made examples out of THEM. We have raised a generation of IDIOTS. WTH did we go wrong?

The Goblin Valley "Scout Leaders" were idiots. Fortunately, the lost their scout leader positions, and Taylor, the guy actually tipping over the rock was had his disability lawsuit labeled as most ridiculous suit of the year. He had claimed severe back injuries from a previous crash.
2015 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD, 4X4, AISIN, B&W Companion Puck Mount
2016 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS, 1kw solar with Trimetric and dual SC2030, 600 watt and 2k inverters.

ParkCountry
Explorer
Explorer
fla-gypsy wrote:
The article did not reference any suspects or if they were on vacation or not. Could just as easy been local hooligans

I'm familiar with the Goblin Valley State Park incident. These miscreants were actually adult scout LEADERS. I watched video of it (yes, they actually posted it) and they were having a good time. Later, when called to account, they claimed that they were only knocking it over because it was a "safety issue" for hikers. How outrageous is that? These idiots set the example for our young, impressionable scouts? The justice system should have made examples out of THEM. We have raised a generation of IDIOTS. WTH did we go wrong?

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
When I topple BA heavy objects I always pull them towards me. Shame it didn't pin one of them by an extremity until a Ranger got there. What a bunch of tools.
Puma 30RKSS

Searching_Ut
Explorer
Explorer
The comment referring to destroying the outcropping because of falling off and breaking an ankle just seems to reflect the attitude of so many lately. Folks can't accept or take any personal responsibility for their own actions, someone else, or some thing must be to blame.

I'm for the really big penalties for stuff like this.
2015 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD, 4X4, AISIN, B&W Companion Puck Mount
2016 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS, 1kw solar with Trimetric and dual SC2030, 600 watt and 2k inverters.

hooligan
Explorer
Explorer
fla-gypsy wrote:

There seems to be a lack of respect in general any more.

And- Fla-gypsy I have no relatives in that area...
Hooligan U.S. Coast Guard Ret.
2016 THOR Siesta Sprinter 24ST Diesel
2008 SUZUKI Grand Vitara TOAD
1 Pug "Lily", 1 Newfoundland, "George"
1972 MotoGuzzi Eldorado

kknowlton
Explorer
Explorer
It should be criminal charges filed,and jail time or long work detail on their off time at a national park, in otherwise put the pent up energy to good use. a $435.00 fine is not nearly enough to destroy items that simply cannot be replaced. They will find them, idiots like that need something to brag about and someone to brag to.
I agree with your opinion, nineoaks. I hope they are found.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
"Dude, it is not the rock's fault your friend is an idiot."
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

pa_traveler
Explorer
Explorer
Terrible to see people being so ignorant.

1SG
Explorer
Explorer
I live just a few miles from Cape Kiwanda and I was really po'd when I saw this video.

According to the young man who took the video and was not part of that group that destroyed Pedestal Rock they where destroying the rock because their friend fell off that rock a few weeks earlier and broke his ankle. They didn't want anyone else to get hurt.

The facts are there is a fence at the top of Cape Kiwanda telling people not to cross the fence because it is a dangerous area. There as been 6 people killed in the past 12 months by going over the fence and falling off the cliffs into the ocean. Oregon State Parks and Rec own the Cape but have only this summer placed a Park Ranger at the top to warn people of the dangers of crossing the fence but is not allowed to stop them from going over the fence.

Oregon State Parks and Rec and Oregon State Police are investigating this destruction. They should be able to find them with the reference they made to the guy who broke his ankle up there and had to be airlifted out by the Coast Guard.

I hope they all get jail time to think about their actions.

Paul
Paul & Sandy
2018 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
'56 Ford Customline Victoria
'62 Chevy Impala SS 409/4spd
U.S. Army Retired
Cloverdale, OR

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
It should be criminal charges filed,and jail time or long work detail on their off time at a national park, in otherwise put the pent up energy to good use. a $435.00 fine is not nearly enough to destroy items that simply cannot be replaced. They will find them, idiots like that need something to brag about and someone to brag to. (My opinion of course)
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

RVcircus
Explorer II
Explorer II
What morons!
2000 KZ Sportsman 2505 (overhauled & upgraded 2014)
2016 Chevy Express 3500 15 passanger van
6 humans, 2 cats, and a dog
Visit our blog at www.ROWLESmade.com
Our trailer re-build thread

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
I read this over the weekend and it left such a bad taste in my mouth. Last I heard no one knows who the miscreants are or where they hail from. The video was pretty blurry.