cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Installed new kitchen faucet.. success

jesseannie
Explorer
Explorer
I had a leaky faucet and i needed to change out.
To reach it I had to dismantle the shelves and storage under the sink,
Sawing, drilling and demolition tools were required.
After laying down 4 layers of throw rugs for padding I inserted my too big body in the cabinet.
After sweating, cursing and grunting I was able to get the old faucet out.
Made a trip to Lowes for parts, new faucet, pex style shutoff and misc clips and clamps.
Back under the cramped space under the sink I got everything installed.
The moment of truth was when everything was turned on.
It worked! Eureka! No leaks!
This was the first time I have ever done a plumbing repair job with only one trip to the hardware store.
I took the rest of the day off to celebrate.

Jesseannie
11 REPLIES 11

tdiller
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced the outside shower faucet over the weekend. My wife cranked the cold past the stop.

jesseannie
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, yes I did feel a little super human, until the next morning I was sore in places I forgot I had.
But I am still rejoicing.

Jesseannie

MrWizard

I installed this 15" Bar Faucet in the kitchen
3 weeks ago June 6th
One trip to home depot to get some hose line adapters to fit the new smaller faucet lines to the existing pex lines

Now it's easy to " go soak my head "

The old one leaked water all over the counter every time it was turned on,
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
WOW plumbng repairs are supposed to require at least 3 trips to the store. I think mine took two.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
We need pictures!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Now just prepare to hurt for a couple of days. ?? Next plumbing job that I have under the sink Iโ€™m going to see if I can borrow the neighbors little kid.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

2_many_2
Explorer III
Explorer III
"I took the rest of the day off to celebrate"

:B

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
opnspaces wrote:
No way, that's almost superhuman to only make one trip to the hardware store. ๐Ÿ™‚

I agree, there is something wrong here. It takes more that one trip and a visit to every hardware store in town, and even then you have to substitute parts for what you really wanted. My advice, buy a lottery ticket right now!

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
We had replaced our home kitchen faucet a number of years ago. The old faucet was a nice, chrome, pull out handle, faucet so I didn't want to throw it away. Last winter when the trailer was winterized I checked and everything seemed to line up and wouldn't look to big in the trailer, so I removed the old and put in the newer... Just made sure when I de-winterized in the spring I checked for leaks and such. Was a super easy job, lots of access and space underneath. I guess it depends on the trailer, etc. But easiest plumbing job I have ever done.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
No way, that's almost superhuman to only make one trip to the hardware store. ๐Ÿ™‚
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Good for you! Congratulations!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad