cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Invisi-brake not functioning

k_jensen6
Explorer
Explorer
I been trying to figure out why my braking system in my toad stop working. Troubleshooting so far includes: running a temp grounding wire between vehicles, checking the pigtail and connections. I have just a L turn signal on the toad when I a hooked up. Turn signals work when not connected. The air activated brake will work when the emergency tether is pulled out of the connector.
3 REPLIES 3

Takenabreak
Explorer
Explorer
This system uses the brake light signals to activate the Toad brakes. It must see both brake light signals to actuate. If you can find the problem with the brake lights you will more than likely solve the Invisibrake problem as well.
2003 Winnebago Adventurer 35U (Workhorse)
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid (Toad)

gasser9
Explorer
Explorer
If you only have left turn sig there also might a problem with BRAKE light some of these use the brale light to activate the system. Good luck you will find it.

GGoodsell
Explorer
Explorer
I had a similar problem recently. Apparently there was a poor connection in my electrical cable that connects the coach to the towed car. Check all contacts very carefully, clean contacts and make sure the plugs are in the correct position and not rotated to an incorrect position. After some cleaning, wiggling, plugging and unplugging, my problem cleared up.