cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

jeep tj x

B_s_Bunch
Explorer
Explorer
So we purchased an o6 today to replace our 2011 focus. We had an 08 Rubicon before and got rid of it because of the total lack of power going down the road. Any way this is a low milage for the year 46k and clean as can be expected. This is an X model. What exactley is the x?. We used cooltec before for addons such as the tail light mod to work without mods but am wondering for more info on the x model. It drives as smooth as could be but am curious about the x model. Will have again get a tow bracket fourth one since we have been towing. Just want information on the x. Thanks in advance. Larry
Larry,Brenda,Travis,Jarred & MEME the Boston Terror:E TheBunch 2011 American Coach Revolution 42T:C The Double Wide
6 REPLIES 6

B_s_Bunch
Explorer
Explorer
CVD wrote:
You bought the car, then ask questions about what you are getting? Guess I analyze purchases more than some.

To your question, "X" is a model designation. It is the "lowest" trim level with the 4.0 6 cyl engine (SE is the base model, has the 4 cyl engine). Here are a few details - http://www.edmunds.com/jeep/wrangler/2006/?sub=suv#overview-pod-anchor
I can see your concern but I knew what I was buying just never seen the X label thus the question. Thanks for your comment and where to look for more info. Larry
Larry,Brenda,Travis,Jarred & MEME the Boston Terror:E TheBunch 2011 American Coach Revolution 42T:C The Double Wide

CVD
Explorer
Explorer
You bought the car, then ask questions about what you are getting? Guess I analyze purchases more than some.

To your question, "X" is a model designation. It is the "lowest" trim level with the 4.0 6 cyl engine (SE is the base model, has the 4 cyl engine). Here are a few details - http://www.edmunds.com/jeep/wrangler/2006/?sub=suv#overview-pod-anchor
Cliff

1999 Itasca 34V DP
2000 Jeep Wrangler
2014 Honda CRV

B_s_Bunch
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all and yes this thing is just a jeep. I got to find a floor cover somewhere this thing gets pretty HOT. Rides and drives great looking forward to enjoying it.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, the X is nothing more than a model designation. X was the base model. although base on a Jeep doesn`t mean much, especially back in 06. And yes, the straight 6 is much better than the 3.8 V-6 that Daimler thought was a great idea!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

wilanddij
Explorer
Explorer
They called it Wrangler X to appeal to the Gen X'ers.
Will & Di
2004 Southwind 32VS
Workhorse/8.1
Ford C-Max/Blue Ox
"We have met the enemy, and he is us" Pogo

Rockrash
Explorer
Explorer
X is the base model