cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lakeland Fla. area

Bob_Sue
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking about looking in the Lakeland area for winter camping next year. Need a motel this time due to time restraints. Have seen East or West motels, and wondered if there was a diff? One side safer than the other? While there going to look at RV parks for extended stay, possibly an outside storage lot also. Anyone have any info on the area?
Thanx
Bob
Bob&Sue
2021 Cedar Creek 34IK
2011 Ford F-250
6.7 litre PSD
Pullrite Superglide
3 REPLIES 3

FunTwoDrv
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed at the Hampton several times. It is the one in the shopping center South of the downtown area. Very convenient and safe.
As for RV sites, we stay at Sanlan RV Park.

Gary

Dance_Chick
Explorer
Explorer
Born & raised in Lakeland. Lived here most of my life. I'd stay south or north-not east or west unless you're talking towns east or west. I'm talking about actual Lakeland. We're south siders, but nothing wrong with the north side. Once you settle on a place, send me a PM, and I'll give you a heads up about it.

We are currently between houses, so are staying at Sanlan RV Park (south side)for a few weeks. It is extremely nice, but also extremely pricey during the season. The location to shopping, restaurants is tops. I don't know what your winter budget will be. It's definitely worth checking out.

If you are a returning winter visitor, Sanlan has outside storage. Since we won't be a returning winter visitor, we will be looking at outside storage in the next few days. I'll let you know what we find. I've googled and have some in mind, but haven't visited them yet. Again, we'll be staying strictly south side. There is a newer lot on the north side that has covered storage, if you're interested in that. There is no electric - only a trickle cell to charge batteries (for an add-on fee). (We just moved back to Lakeland from a retirement community 25 miles away that had gated, covered storage within the community with metered electric for a very reasonable rate. Boy, were we spoiled.)

If you don't need to be in Lakeland proper, there is a RV Park called Good Life past Bartow headed to Lake Wales on Hwy 60. If you don't mind being about 25 minutes or so from Lakeland, you might check there. Your main shopping would be done mostly in Bartow, I would think. More and bigger options will be in Lakeland as Bartow is a small town. There's also Cypress Campground in Winter Haven that looks nice - Walmart next door and other shopping nearby. Winter Haven is a nice sized town with some shopping/restaurant options. Both of these options are priced much more reasonably than Sanlan.

Any more questions, just ask and I'll try to help.
Gene, Gayle, & Oliver (the dog)
2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ/2012 Honda CRV toad
Blue Ox tow bar & base plate/Air Force One braking

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
I live next door in Auburndale. There are lots of RV parks around. Nice area but keep in mind the grocery store is not always a block away. It is called Lakeland for a reason. You can see the grocery store but it take 4 miles to get there.

Being centrally located makes Tampa or Orlando an easy drive except for the traffic you can encounter of course.

Side note: Download the Waze App and use it whenever traveling those roads. It will advise you quickly of any issues.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008