cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for a good portable compressor

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
As per the title, something portable, and unlike many of the 12 volt types, something that actually can put 70 PSI in a tire. This is for our little C so size is an issue. It can be either self powered (battery) or 12 volt type. Suggestions, sources??? I have two and both are extremely slow over about 50 PSI.

Thank you all in advance.
2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.
5 REPLIES 5

bfast54
Explorer
Explorer
Def. Viair, I think I have the 380 C................100% duty cycle............Chrome plated............It's a beauty......

Make sure you check out the duty cycle, so you dont burn out, melt the compresser.

I have a Air Tank., and can fill tires off of it, course main purpose is for Air Horns....Only when needed.., of course.......:W
2000 Ford SuperDuty F-350 Powerstroke,Dually.C.C.,.The Tow Monster
2005 Open Road 357RLDS
Prodigy Brake Controller:B
Honda EU3000is Generator
Raytek ,,Garmin 7735/GPS
Doran Mfg-RV360-TPMS
B&W/Companion

Rally's attended so far-21

My Blog
Good Sam Member

Fire_Instructor
Explorer
Explorer
I picked up this one at the local Harbor Freight. It doesn't have the greatest ratings, but it's worked well for me for a few years now.
Fire Instructor

2022 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
Hi John,

VIAIR 10010 Viair 100C 12 Volt Air Compressor Kit Viair

I kinda figured someone would pop in with a VIAIR product. I didn't want to influence the thread by mentioning it. I looked t that one and the VIAIR 400P-RV . They are the front runners but curious how others do it. Thanks for chiming in.
2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi John,

VIAIR 10010 Viair 100C 12 Volt Air Compressor Kit Viair
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.