cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mail Forwarding/Scanning for 2mo trip

oldcarfun
Explorer
Explorer
We need a mail forwarding service for a 2-3 mo special trip. Does anyone have a favorite or advice? We would like the optional scanning service. I see that Escapees is reasonably priced but they charge an annual fee. I understand that we will have to pay a startup fee. Thank you
Oldcarfun
2009 Itasca Suncruiser 35L
2005 Jeep GC Toad
9 REPLIES 9

hotpepperkid
Explorer
Explorer
oldcarfun wrote:
No, our experience with postal delivery is very bad in our neighborhood. We have had many discussions about the pros and cons and continue to tolerate it rather than drive to pick it up.

It's not a big deal for us as we generally drive by it several times a week just doing normal stuff like going to the market or hardware store and if I miss a day or two it's no big deal
2019 Ford F-350 long bed SRW 4X4 6.4 PSD Grand Designs Reflection 295RL 5th wheel

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
UPS also has a mail service that many use. It may be geared more for someone who wants to use it for just a short period of time.

oldcarfun
Explorer
Explorer
No, our experience with postal delivery is very bad in our neighborhood. We have had many discussions about the pros and cons and continue to tolerate it rather than drive to pick it up.
Oldcarfun
2005 Jeep GC Toad

hotpepperkid
Explorer
Explorer
oldcarfun wrote:
I will fill out a form with the US Post Office to have my mail forwarded to a mail forwarding service like Myrvmail or Dakota Post which I've just found. They will get my forwarded mail and keep it until I tell them to forward it to me at a campground or General Delivery where I am. They also have a "virtual mailbox" meaning they will scan the front of the mail for me to see online each day. For a fee they will open and scan what is inside so I can read it. They will shred what I tell them to.

And you trust the post office? My experience with them is you cant trust them for anything so no thanks. I will gladly pay the $80 for the my mail service place
2019 Ford F-350 long bed SRW 4X4 6.4 PSD Grand Designs Reflection 295RL 5th wheel

oldcarfun
Explorer
Explorer
I will fill out a form with the US Post Office to have my mail forwarded to a mail forwarding service like Myrvmail or Dakota Post which I've just found. They will get my forwarded mail and keep it until I tell them to forward it to me at a campground or General Delivery where I am. They also have a "virtual mailbox" meaning they will scan the front of the mail for me to see online each day. For a fee they will open and scan what is inside so I can read it. They will shred what I tell them to.
Oldcarfun
2005 Jeep GC Toad

hotpepperkid
Explorer
Explorer
oldcarfun wrote:
Myrvmail looks good. I will call them tomorrow. 2Oldman, Escapees mail forwarding annual fee is too much for just a few months service. I don't need the whole year.

So how does that work for only a few months? Do you change your mailing address with everyone and then change it back when you get home? I have two different addresses a mailing or billing address and a physical address. It is a mail service in town and when Im home I just check it 2 or 3 times a week

oldcarfun
Explorer
Explorer
Myrvmail looks good. I will call them tomorrow. 2Oldman, Escapees mail forwarding annual fee is too much for just a few months service. I don't need the whole year.
Oldcarfun
2005 Jeep GC Toad

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Escapees annual fee is $60. Well worth it for the lovely parks you also have access to.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
www.myrvmail.com They are located in Crestview FL and can help you with all the paperwork. You can view your mail online. We used them for about a year and were impressed with their service.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi