cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

My brillant plans

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
So we drove up from the Houston area to a bit north of Canton, TX on Lake Tawakoni Wednesday.

Been raining lately and the lakeside TT park is low, with the lake high. Some sites are underwater.

Going to be here for three weeks, so I wanted a spot where I could have satellite. Western channel going to be about as exciting as our visit gets with everything except the laundry closed.

Last spot available had some standing water. No danger of it flooding, but it does drain poorly.

Got setup, but decided not to bother with getting muddy to hook up the sewer. It has to get drier soon, right.

Been here about 46 hours, rained at least 40 of them, and DW tells me shower is getting grey water backed up. Something's wrong. She used several adjectives that I can't repeat here to describe my lack of intelligence for not telling her that I had not hooked up the sewer.

(I did, I swear I did, but of course I can't say that.)

Also temperature has dropped almost 30 degrees since we arrived.

So I'm outside in moderate rain, in shorts, 53 degrees in ankle deep water hooking up the sewer. At least the connection was above water.

Full time RVing is such fun!!!
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT
6 REPLIES 6

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've gone through worst than that,...just to be there when the big fat female large mouth bass get on the nest.
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Kinda made you feel like a newby again.
Sorry for your difficulties PawPaw, but we've all been there at some point, and sadly, most of us will again.
Smile and ask yourself if it could have been worse.
Happy Motorin

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Nice place.. no camping shutdown warnings yet. Good luck.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
"So I'm outside in moderate rain, in shorts, 53 degrees in ankle deep water hooking up the sewer. At least the connection was above water. Full time RVing is such fun!!!"

Do you have a shirt on? lol
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Lightning55
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldn't get too comfortable. Sounds like it won't be too long before they close that park.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, and the next thing is they'll shut down the park.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman