cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New RV delivery walk-through

jodiwer
Explorer
Explorer
We are expecting delivery of our new hybrid RV, a Rockwood Roo 23IKSS, in a couple of weeks. Does anyone have suggestions on what to do before we take possession? I've read the article at Trailer Life magazine (https://www.trailerlife.com/lifestyle/rv-living/rv-delivery-dos-and-donts/) but wondering if anyone out there has additional wisdom to share.

We plan to follow their suggestion to do a "shakedown trip" right after we take possession. I just happened to stumble across a discussion on how to season the seams on the tent beds. Never would have thought of that. So if you have ideas about what to do AFTER taking possession, I'd appreciate that too.
2019 F150 XLT Ecoboost, 3.5L V6 4x4, Max Towing package
2021 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS hybrid trailer
DH & I are boondockers thanks to our solar panels. Summer with our bicycles & kayak; winter with our skis & snowboards.
11 REPLIES 11

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
Blazing Zippers wrote:
What I ran into was the fact that even after being shown how to run the TV and radio/DVD/CD/BT, I still can't remember how! Oh, and how to shut off the outside speakers....
Now that brings back some memories of my first TT purchase. And the so called Manual was zero help. ๐Ÿ™‚

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
You can use any list you want. It is important to look over every square inch and to test every appliance and accessory. Ideally you want to get rid of the sales people and spend time doing this without any distractions.

Finding all the fit and finish or more major issues up front assures the will be promptly fixed before you take delivery. Taking delivery and then making a shake down trip is a distant second best.

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
What I ran into was the fact that even after being shown how to run the TV and radio/DVD/CD/BT, I still can't remember how! Oh, and how to shut off the outside speakers.
Pay close attention to the PDI, and do a shake down trip to figure out the rig.
Retorque the lug nuts, check the hitch set up, do NOT forget a blender, and have fun.

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
video everything said or shown.great for reference and in case of problems it may save your hide

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
All good answers above + I second a shakedown trip as soon as is convenient. Youll prob catch everything you want to change/fix in a weekend, but i'd make it a week at least so as to start enjoying your new RV.

jodiwer
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the help.
2019 F150 XLT Ecoboost, 3.5L V6 4x4, Max Towing package
2021 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS hybrid trailer
DH & I are boondockers thanks to our solar panels. Summer with our bicycles & kayak; winter with our skis & snowboards.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
jodiwer wrote:
We are expecting delivery of our new hybrid RV, a Rockwood Roo 23IKSS, in a couple of weeks. Does anyone have suggestions on what to do before we take possession? I've read the article at Trailer Life magazine (https://www.trailerlife.com/lifestyle/rv-living/rv-delivery-dos-and-donts/) but wondering if anyone out there has additional wisdom to share.

We plan to follow their suggestion to do a "shakedown trip" right after we take possession. I just happened to stumble across a discussion on how to season the seams on the tent beds. Never would have thought of that. So if you have ideas about what to do AFTER taking possession, I'd appreciate that too.

I sent you a Private Message.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Wiscampsin
Explorer
Explorer
Go to the Forest River Forums, under the Library tab there is a PDI checklist in the Most Popular Files you can download and take with you.

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
Look online for a list to ask learn about. Iโ€™d suggest video recording the tech showing you everything.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
http://changingears.com/rv-checklist-inspection.shtml
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Take a checklist. Run every system. Crawl underneath and inspect. Check tire manufacture dates. All before you sign anything.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad