cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Next best thing

et2
Explorer
Explorer
So tired of the snow and blistering cold here in MI. Dreaming of days ahead, they can't come soon enough. So today we are going to the 48th annual RV show just to brighten the mood. Actually we make this most every year. Wont being buying anything for a long time.
6 REPLIES 6

Randu
Explorer
Explorer
I'm "showed out".
Took 1/2 day vacation Thursday and went to Detroit RV Show. Many more entry level trailers than in the past and only a handful of upper mid level 5ers. 1 lifestyle on display was the closest thing to upper level. Did purchase a Blue Streak toilet chemical dispenser. with extra bottle of chemical. Real slick system if you have not seen before.

Just got home from Grand Rapids car show where I spent all afternoon looking at cars and trucks. Might be getting time to part with my beloved GMC 8.1 big block gas / Allison. Randu
2017 Chevy 3500HD SRW Crew LTZ
4x4,Duramax, Allison.
2017 Jayco North Point 381DLQS
Previous: 2000 Travel Supreme
2005 Newmar Kountry Star
2008 Mobile Suites 36TK3

Locky
Explorer
Explorer
I had no idea it was going on this weekend. We are over here on Lake Michigan but was in Howell yesterday and would have loved to have went to the show.

et2
Explorer
Explorer
Well we just got back. Was surprised as others said, not as many vendors as other years. Also there seemed to be a lot less motor homes and just a few high end ones. Saw our salesman from General RV last July, of course he really didn't have a clue who we were, even after spending over $200,000 ... LOL. Heck, not even a Christmas card. He probably thought he'd be retired before we would buy another motorhome.

Something just seemed odd, not the same. Salesman were more interested in joking around with each other and talking then paying attention to someone who might looked interested. Definitely less people then we've experienced the last few years.

campincandice
Explorer
Explorer
We just bought in Oct, but I LOVE going to the Chicago (Rosemont)show! Not going this year though, as I had knee replacement surgery 5 weeks ago, so can't do the walking!

I will miss it, and after being house-bound due to combination of surgery and weather, spring CANNOT come soon enough!
Candice

Steve - Partner in Crime
Molly - black lab
Sabbath - chocolate lab/weimaraner

2014 Open Range LT274RLS

BillB800si
Explorer
Explorer
Went to the Michigan Novi show on Thursday. Was very impressed with the new models. They've made many improvements in floor plans and exterior looks. Not the standard white colors anymore.

Disappointed that there were few RV Resort booths and hardly anyone (outside of General RV) who was selling RV accessories.
Of course there was a $400,000 motorhome there if you were interested. ๐Ÿ˜„
Bill B. (S.E. Michigan)
2015 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W

edsland
Explorer
Explorer
I'm in the same boat,or should I say sled here in the Chicago area. Next weekend is our RV show in Rosemont, really a lot of fun. By the end my knees feel the 3 stairs up 3 stairs down. Not in the market this year, just bought our tt new to us last year, but it's still fun looking and dreaming of better weather. Have a good time!