cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Observations - Local RV Dealer.

CWilson
Explorer
Explorer
The local dealer is knocking 35% off of MSRP's on leftover 22 models and 25% off on 23's right off the bat before any discussions. His used lot is stuffed full with 20/21 models a lot of which he bought out from the original buyers at a huge discount or took on consignment, but he can not get rid of them. He could not get another used unit on his lot if he tried. Ive never seen it even half that full in 25 years. It was his worst year ever as far as sales go at the 3 RV shows he participates in. Sales are in the tank.
16 REPLIES 16

ssthrd
Explorer
Explorer
CWilson wrote:
dedmiston wrote:
CWilson wrote:
Your wrong, …

Nice manners.

And I love the irony of misspelling “you’re” when you called someone “wrong”.

I love the irony that your an "administrator" and apparently feel the need to be the grammar police while at the same time judging folks regarding their manners. Fact is the guy was wrong. I corrected the grammar felony.

RetiredRealtorRick wrote:

Agreed :W However some folks have a hard time remembering things they learned in the 3rd grade!
Sorry to hear YOU'RE having memory problems, perhaps try some of this.

Troll. Looking for some action.
2014 Keystone Laredo 292RL
2013 Palomino Maverick 2902
2018 GMC 3500HD, 4x4, 6.5' box, SRW, Denali, Duramax, Andersen
DeeBee, JayBee, and Jed the Black Lab

The hurrier I go the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll)

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:
nothing to do with rv BUT your talking price. I just came from a metal supplier you can buy steel in different size. quarter inch by 8in x10 flat stock aluminum only $76. thanks to ?

1. Correct. It has nothing to do with RVing

2. OK, we give up . . . thanks to....?

Dylan Mulvaney? (just a guess)

Chum lee

CWilson
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
CWilson wrote:
Your wrong, …

Nice manners.

I love the irony that your an "administrator" and apparently feel the need to be the grammar police while at the same time judging folks regarding their manners. Fact is the guy was wrong. I corrected the grammar felony.

Agreed :W However some folks have a hard time remembering things they learned in the 3rd grade!
Sorry to hear YOU'RE having memory problems, perhaps try some of this.

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
I thought it's always been an unwritten understanding that rv dealers typically knock off around 35% off MSRP on any new RV on the lot. That's the math I've used for every new RV I've ever bought. For a year or so during Covid, demand was high so maybe they backed off this practice because they didn't have to, but outside of that, it's the way it's always been. This is really more of a sign things are returning to normal.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
midnightsadie wrote:
nothing to do with rv BUT your talking price. I just came from a metal supplier you can buy steel in different size. quarter inch by 8in x10 flat stock aluminum only $76. thanks to ?

‘‘Twas a bit early when posted, but drunk post maybe? Otherwise I don’t get it either.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
dedmiston wrote:
CWilson wrote:
Your wrong, …

Nice manners.

:B
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:

. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
CWilson wrote:
Your wrong, …

Nice manners.

. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

dedmiston
CWilson wrote:
Your wrong, …

Nice manners.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II

wapiticountry
Explorer
Explorer
The cost of virtually everything involved in manufacturing an RV has increased dramatically. MSRP (manufacturer’s suggested retail price) is just that, a suggested price. There are no laws governing how that number is derived. That being said it isn’t number that is just pulled from the air. It has to be a number that leaves the retail dealer a fair profit and yet is not so high as to turn away prospective buyers. It has much more validity than some random person saying it’s 30% too high.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
I agree the MSRP is a real number based on the cost to manufacture that unit and the profit they would love to realize for that unit. But the MSRP is rarely the final sales price unless there is more demand than supply for that particular unit. Then it becomes what the market will bear which may actually be more than the MSRP.

Dealer lots in this area are loaded to the rims with RVs of all types and sizes, even parking them off in grassy areas since the paved lots are full. Haven't priced them lately but I would guess good discounts are available.

CWilson
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Yeah, considering what they're asking for them, 30% off puts them down to where they should be taking 30% off. Besides, those MSRP is a bogus number they just pull out of their ...

You're wrong, everything has an MSRP be it an RV or a bag of potato chips. What do you think valuation firms such as NADA and Blue or Black book use? How about banks? Just because you personally have a hard time finding the info does not mean its a number pulled from someones arse. Some RV manufacturers actually put a document in a new trailer when it is shipped. If that document is the first thing the dealer removed when it was delivered and a buyer doesn't ask about it, or do their research and find it along with current prices that model is going for, then tsaid buyer is a complete dumbass.

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well if things get bad enough in the RV Industry maybe I can find a manufacturer willing to actually consider making some of the changes I'm looking for in my next RV. Nothing major, but anything that upsets their current manufacturing process seems to be a No-Go at this time.

I keep reminding myself of the old Buddhist Proverb though: "The ox is slow, but the earth is patient"