cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Our annual Quartzite trip and more...

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
For the 7th year win a row we are headed out to the Q for some fun. We have consistently found that 2 days and nights at the Q are enough to see and do all we came for. This year we are going to start off at the Arizona Oasis in Ehrenburg right on the Colorado River for 4 days and nights of riding our Rzrs at the Ehrenburg Sand Bowl OHV area. It is just a mile away, we can ride right out of the RV park and being on the river is always a treat. I just put new Zbroz shocks on the Rzr and the ride improvement is awesome.

We will leave Thursday morning for the 4.5 hour drive to Ehrenburg and then head back to Quartzsite on Monday morning for our usual dry camp, 2 days/nights stay at Rice Ranch in the center of the Q. We'll meet our friends from San Diego in Ehrenburg and they will accompany us for what will be their first Quartzsite visit. Should be a hoot seeing the show through their first timer eyes. We have to return to Tucson on Wednesday as I have a meeting on Thursday in San Diego and will stay for a few days to take care of business and visit family and friends.

The weather looks good for the entire 11 day run and today will be spent prepping, shopping, fueling and loading for our next series of adventures.

Here is a shot of our site at Arizona oasis taken last October:

:B
10 REPLIES 10

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
FlatBroke wrote:
DSDP Don wrote:
Captain.....have you seen all the sites at Quartzsite.....Camel Monument, played a round of golf, shooting range, book store with the old man and the banana hangar, fresh pie shop, half dozen flea markets, and of course, RZR trails and of course, the big tent.

I believe the old man with the banana hanger died.

https://www.parkerpioneer.net/news/article_247633ba-71b1-11e9-980d-2b84999892e7.html
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

FlatBroke
Explorer
Explorer
DSDP Don wrote:
Captain.....have you seen all the sites at Quartzsite.....Camel Monument, played a round of golf, shooting range, book store with the old man and the banana hangar, fresh pie shop, half dozen flea markets, and of course, RZR trails and of course, the big tent.

I believe the old man with the banana hanger died.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

dreamer
Explorer
Explorer
We've been here since early November, the weather has turned great this year. I rode into Q yesterday and I have never seen so many people and traffic! It's going to be a bumper year in Q for RVers. dreamer.
'07 HR Scepter - 400HP
'02 Tracker
'02 Honda Reflex
'16 Chevy Silverado - M&G Brake System
'17 RZR 900 Trail
'17 RZR 1000 High Lifter

How does it feel
To be on your own
With no direction home
Like a complete unknown
Like a rolling stone? - Bob Dylan

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

96Bounder30E
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'll keep an eye out for you.... I'll be there Friday...
Eric
96 Bounder 30E-F53(460)
stock Ford intake w/K&N air filter
used Thorley headers
new Banks resonator, muffler, tail pipe and 4" polished SS exhaust tip

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
You have no idea how envious I am. Have fun for those of us that can't make it!

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
Have fun and take lots of pics for us!

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Great picture!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
Looking forward to your update, so these first timers can learn a bit ๐Ÿ˜‰
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.

Flute_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy your trip. Sounds like you will have a good time. I stayed in Quartzite a couple of times a few years ago and really enjoyed it. I stayed there about three months at a time and got involved in the local activities and affairs.
Jerry Parr
05 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350
04 Honda CR-V
Ham Radio K7OU
Retired EE
Jrparr32@gmail.com
602-321-8141
Full-timer