cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Places to fish for FREE.??

56Jeff
Explorer
Explorer
Where can I fish for free while traveling the US,.besides Texas State Parks. I am aware of the 1 weekend free across America in many states in June. I was hoping, not to buy a out of state license in every state I stay in. 3-5day license are no good if you stay a month in a state touring about. Any hints on this.

TIA
Jeff
5 REPLIES 5

NMDriver2
Explorer
Explorer
No license needed in CA if you are fishing from a jetty/dock/break water in the ocean. Most docks do prohibit fishing just to avoid interference with the boats but no license needed if they allow fishing from the dock.
Turret Class traveler

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
States charge for a fishing liscense because it costs a lot to rear fish in hatcheries and stock fishable lakes and streams. Just pay it.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have to fish in every state? ๐Ÿ™‚ We always picked one or two states for fishing as we traveled and made good use of the fishing license by traveling within those states.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Some private campgrounds have stocked ponds and because it's private property you can fish without a license for that particular state. They usually state this as one of their amenities on their websites.

Isaac-1
Explorer
Explorer
I think in Louisiana that people are allowed to fish in private ponds and lakes without a fishing license (I know that was the law 20-30 years ago, not sure if it has changed).