cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Purchasing Motor HOme from Campers Inn

soozcna
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have any experience with Campers Inn when purchasing a new motor home? I've seen nothing but bad reviews so far and am wondering if I should look elsewhere. They currently have the year and model we have been searching for at a decent price. Any comments?
10 REPLIES 10

js218
Explorer
Explorer
What are you looking for, had great results with Dylans RV Sewell N.J. They sell numerous brands of diesel pushers.
2017 Haulmark 45' Super C 600hp, 12 speed I shift transmission, tandem drive axles, 3 stage engine brake, towing 26' trailer with an 08 explorer inside.
Jim

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
You are not saying what brand of MH. I have heard bad things about them years ago. We purchased our 2012 5er in Michigan at Terry Town RV. Had an excellent experience with them.

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
What are you looking at? I am sure someone will know another dealer hopfully close to you that carries the same line
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
When we purchased our tt, we called Campers Inn because they had the same model available. Turns out they were a couple of thousand dollars higher than the other dealer we were considering. AND the tt they had did not have the larger fridge and roof access ladder we wanted.

They were hard sell, and came Down to the price of the other dealer offered, but without the options mentioned. I laughed when they tried to convince me to buy from them, at the same price, without the options.

Bought at Stolzfus in Adamstown and couldnโ€™t be happier.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
spoon059 wrote:
Seems like you have your answer... no?

X2. That would do it for me.

js218
Explorer
Explorer
Try Dylans RV in New JERSEY.
2017 Haulmark 45' Super C 600hp, 12 speed I shift transmission, tandem drive axles, 3 stage engine brake, towing 26' trailer with an 08 explorer inside.
Jim

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
JMO of course, but how I would look at a dealer if I was buying a motorhome vs buying a trailer would vary quite a bit.

I figure most things that can go wrong with a trailer are things I can fix. However motorhomes are a much different kettle of fish to me. Way more complicated with much more stuff to go wrong. And the stuff that can go wrong sometimes has to be handled by people who actually know what they're doing.

If I were buying a motorhome, especially a big motorhome, I'd want a dealer that would be there when I needed some work done. So their reputation would be of serious interest to me.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
soozcna wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with Campers Inn when purchasing a new motor home? I've seen nothing but bad reviews so far and am wondering if I should look elsewhere. They currently have the year and model we have been searching for at a decent price. Any comments?

I have no experience with them. In general, if they have the MH you want in stock, and, YOU CAN NEGOTIATE the price/terms you want, why not buy it? IME, most dealers forget about you the second they get paid and you drive off the lot. IMO, placing ANY faith in the dealer for warranty repairs/service after the sale is a crapshoot at best. Be RUTHLESS in your pre-delivery inspection and DON'T take delivery until the vehicle is right. You DON'T have to go to the place you bought the MH for warranty repairs. When/if it breaks, chances are you'll be long gone anyway. Just be perfectly clear on what you are buying and what your paying before signing on the dotted line.

Chum lee

Bert_Ackerman
Explorer
Explorer
Find a Mom and Pop dealer. They'll forget all about you after you sign the sales agreement, and before you drive it off the lot.

Watch THIS. It's all BS.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Seems like you have your answer... no?
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS