cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Question for those towing 2015 Ford

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
I just started towing my 2015 Ford Explorer with push button start. I put it in the "Accessory On" position. When I went back to check after about 12 miles I did not see the "Accessory On" screen lit.
What is your experience?
4 REPLIES 4

Two_Jayhawks
Explorer
Explorer
I tow a 2014 Limited Edge with push button start. Don't know if this is relevant but mine has two stages of accessory position and I am required to be in the second one. That one lights up everything on the dash. It is also "dark" when I check it later on I believe it even gives a mssg on the information window that says something like "conserving battery".
Bill & Kelli
2015 DSDP 4366 pulling a 21 JL Unlimited Sport
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906 gone
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD gone

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
thanks

Triker33
Explorer
Explorer
Does your drivers manual say to have it in ACC. Look for the recreational towing section.

My push button 2014 MKS says after running for 5 minutes and then putting transmission from D to R and then to N turn engine off.

For the 2015 Explorer towing. Ford says.
(3) All-wheel-drive/Intelligent 4WD vehicles cannot be towed on a dolly.
(4) Maximum speed with automatic transmission is 65 mph.
(5) Start the engine and allow it to run for five (5) minutes at the beginning of each day and every six (6) hours thereafter.

Plus they all have a save battery auto shut off on them now.
Larry Full Time Since 99
1999 34Q Discovery DP ISB 275HP 6 Speed Allison
VMSpc | Pressure Pro
14 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost Toad

Click here to see where I am

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
I don't tow it, but my 2015 Expedition with push button start, the "accessory on" status automatically turns off after a certain amount time (about 10 minutes I think) presumably to save the battery.