cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

"Little Dealer Little Prices" in Mesa AZ

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
I was shopping for a cargo trailer to tow behind our 24' Nexus Class C. Having moved up from my Harley Dyna Super Glide {700#} to a 2017 Indian Springfield {862#} my trusty dusty Kendon single trailer was working just a little too hard hauling the Indian.

Had wanted to upgrade to an enclosed trailer for a while seeking greater security and to get the bike out of the weather. Also the ability to add a lot of extra storage moving some serious weight out of our E-350 and back to the trailer was very appealing.

Had looked at a lot of trailers both on the internet and in person and was impressed with the Pace American Outback. Found this little gem at "Little Dealer Little Prices" in Mesa just 102 miles up the road from our home in Tucson. It is a 2018 Pace American Outback 6 X 10 {14' overall with a GVWR of 2,990#.

Called and spoke with Trent and would you believe he had a smoking good deal for me...
Yep, seems as though there had been a snafu a couple of months earlier and the paperwork for this trailer had been erroneiously registered to a different trailer. DMV caught it, reregistered it in the name of the dealer but it was now no longer legally "New" and could only be sold as a used unit.

This got me a thousand bucks knocked off and my OTD price was $3,432. It still came with the full 3 year manufacturers warranty. Drove up and took one look and plopped down my Capitol One card {What's in your wallet?}

Bought a few extras, 20' of E Track {used 15}, a spare and mount and had them replace the trailer plug on my Class C when we came up to take delivery. The sales experience along with the aftermarket service was excellent and I would happily recommend them to anyone. They also have a location north of Phoenix off of I-17.

:B
12 REPLIES 12

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm not a towing person, but I'm curious ... what's the main reason for tandem axles ... extra weight carrying capacity or safety (due to each side having an "extra wheel" in case a tire should blow)?

When my BIL was shopping for a small TT and seeing that some had a single axle and some had tandem axles, I advised my BIL to only buy one with tandem exles for safety's sake. That's what he did and now he feels much more secure should a tire ever blow at speed.

P.S. I notice that small horse trailers almost always have tandem axles, even though the weight of one or two horses probably doesn't justify the need for tandems based on weight carrying capacity alone. I assume the prime reason for small horse trailer tandems is safety of the horses should a tire fail.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
rexlion wrote:
A thousand bucks off, eh? So the regular "new" price would've been $4432. Hmmmmmm. Maybe for a tandem axle trailer, but for a single axle model? I don't think so.

But I'm happy that you are enjoying your new trailer.

My we are a little ray of sunshine... but so glad you are happy {for me}:

Apples to apples my friend... I am talking OTD. The tandem axles go for well north $5K "OTD" {sales tax is 8.6 percent with the DMV adding another $150 mas y menos} and I simply had no need for that much trailer.

:B:B:B

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
A thousand bucks off, eh? So the regular "new" price would've been $4432. Hmmmmmm. Maybe for a tandem axle trailer, but for a single axle model? I don't think so.

But I'm happy that you are enjoying your new trailer.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
harley-dave wrote:
midnightsadie wrote:
curious about that spare tire hanging on the wall. to me, seems like a lot of weigh on those thin walls.never seen one hung from there before.
I saw that too. think I would have to go to the front just off the floor by the wheel chock. Not as young and strong as I once was.

Dave

It's common to hang the spare on the wall. Not a problem.

Nice trailer! Now watch the "stuff" you bring RVing increase! The wife be like "honey we got allll this room. I'm gonna bring _____, ______ and ______!"
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
The spare is mounted directly on one of the vertical studs with the mount secured by three 1.5" screws. It is rock solid and out of the way, hence the location. Lifting it up there was no big deal.

These trailers are very well built. A couple of days ago I unlocked the side door but it would not open. Had to lightly pry the door from the seal as the heat of the previous day combined with the cooler early morning temps created a bit of a vacuum which tells me I won't be finding any leaks...

Yep,no brakes on single axle trailers under 3K#. The V-10 is a formidable engine brake when the Tow Haul is engaged {as in all of the time}. I will be loading up for a trip on Tuesday and my first stop will be the C.A.T. scale down off of I-10. I expect to come in around 2,100# with a tongue weight of 13 - 14 percent but can easily adjust as needed.

Just wanted to share what was for me a very positive experience with Little dealer Little Prices. While waiting I checked out their line of Gulfstar Class C's and found these very nice, quality coaches priced well below what I had expected. They also had a great prioce on a nice Aliner {used to own the same model}.

:C

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
No trailer brakes? Hence a 2990# rating on a 3.5k axle, I expect. I had a 10x6x6 cargo trailer and wished I had brakes once I really started loading it. I was carrying a full bands worth of gear including lights and sound.
Pa has a must have brakes (& annual inspection) requirement at 3K GTWR.
You can add brakes for about $250 if you are a DIY kind a guy.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

harley-dave
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:
curious about that spare tire hanging on the wall. to me, seems like a lot of weigh on those thin walls.never seen one hung from there before.
I saw that too. think I would have to go to the front just off the floor by the wheel chock. Not as young and strong as I once was.

Dave
2005 Winnebago-Itasca Sundancer 31C
2010 Harley-Davidson Soft tail Deluxe
2014 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special
1999 Chevrolet Tracker 4X4
SKP # 121272

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II

hypoxia
Explorer
Explorer
I always call them Little Dealer Big Price
Jim

2007 Monaco Signature Noble III ISX 600HP

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
Desert Captain wrote:
They also have a location north of Phoenix off of I-17.

They also have a fairly new place in Prescott Valley.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
I had a Pace enclosed years ago. It was a wide body 8.5x12. It had rubber torsion suspension, and was well made.

Yours is a nice fit behind the C, and should work well for your new bike!

Jerry

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Nice paint too.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad