cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Recommendations on shower fixture

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Something I have eventually done on any RV we had was to replace the cheap stock shower fixture and hose/head. Been a while since I've done it and wonder if anyone has input into a decent fixture they are happy with. Seems like a lot of the aftermarket RV specific fixtures are not much better than stock with the plastic faux metal finishes. Figure if I am going to replace it, might as well get good quality.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS
15 REPLIES 15

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Oygenics... In fact when I scrap this rig net month (Well turn it over to the indurance company) I"m keeping my Oxygenics body spa
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
way2roll wrote:
I've looked at oxygenics and may go that route for the wand, but I was also concerned about the actual fixture. I do like the idea of using a residential one, the trick is finding one to accept the hose - preferably without the spigot.

Home depot or Lowes shower fixtures, lots of choices. Plumbings plumbing they don't make just RV or home. RVs use plastic because it's cheap and they can keep costs down for them and buyers. You will find the better, more expensive, have metal fixtures. Owners paying 100K for an RV are not going to accept cheap plastic anything.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We made sure to get one with an on/off on the shower head as we do not leave the water running constantly while we shower.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
We tried the Oxygenics shower head and were not happy with it. Then we tried a Camco shower head with 5 spray patterns and loved it. The slide valve is positive on/off with no dribble and it has rubber nozzle tips that are very easy to clean if you have mineral buildup.

Camco 43712 RV Shower Head with On/Off Switch
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
I tried the Oxygenics...hated it. No real "pattern", and it really didn't seem to "boost" the pressure, as many claim. I went with an oldschool RV shower head with the rotating on/off switch on the back of the head.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
way2roll wrote:
magicbus wrote:
way2roll wrote:
... I do like the idea of using a residential one, the trick is finding one to accept the hose - preferably without the spigot.
That's what I put in, residential with hose-only with a single lever control.

Dave

Do you recall what you bought?

Sorry I do not. I would suggest removing your current one and going to a plumbing supply house and ask them for a single controller. You will find one with one outlet or two. If two just put a plug one of them as I did so you just have a hose sprayer.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
According to the manufacturer the Oxygenics shower head "uses as little as 1.5 gallons per minute". That might be OK for someone with a huge water tank or who uses hook ups. It is not usable for me. I rarely stay in RV parks or campgrounds with hook ups. If water is scarce, I take a navy style shower with as little as 1 gallon of water.

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
I would highly (HIGHLY) recommend a thermostatic shower fixture if you can find one that will work for you. I had to find a very compact one, and do a little fabrication to fit one in my truck camper shower, but I love the way it works.

Hereโ€™s a link to a topic I posted after installing mine.

Installed a Thermostatic Shower Mixer Valve

Thereโ€™s a link to this fixture in the topic above, but wanted to make sure you see it. It may be what your looking for.

Thermostatic Shower Mixing Valve

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Oxygenics are popular. I put one in my RV and stick house. I recently put one in a rental house and noted that it wasn't the same quality as the older ones.
Kevin

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
magicbus wrote:
way2roll wrote:
... I do like the idea of using a residential one, the trick is finding one to accept the hose - preferably without the spigot.

Dave

Do you recall what you bought?

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
way2roll wrote:

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
I've looked at oxygenics and may go that route for the wand, but I was also concerned about the actual fixture. I do like the idea of using a residential one, the trick is finding one to accept the hose - preferably without the spigot.

krsmitty
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:
I changed out to the Oxygenics shower head and could not be more happy.

X2
Ken Smith
2017 Dodge Ram 2500 Big horn 4x4 6.7 CTD
2020 Grand Design Reflection 287RLTS

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I changed out to the Oxygenics shower head and could not be more happy.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C