cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Remote view electronic level

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
I tow a 5th wheel and have a ball bubble level on the pin of my 5th wheel of my camper that I can see in my rear view mirror. It takes forever for the ball to settle to where I know whether it is level or not. By the time it reaches the bottom of the arc I am already unhitched. I have seen some levels like CIPA Wireless RV Leveler but there seems to be a lot of issues with the transmitter not working when the rv has aluminum frame and arctic insulation. What I would like to have is something that could be permanently installed on the 5th wheel and I could see the lights in the cab without having to get out of the cab and going back to the camper and place a transmitter on the floor and then turn it on then return to the cab to see what to do....
6 REPLIES 6

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Been using our big bubble level on the pin box for about 5 years and it still works great. I haven't noticed any wait for the ball to settle. I subscribe to the KISS principle when it comes to things like this.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

tvman44
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know what happens to the big bubble level (level master) on the pin box after a few years but I am no longer happy with mine. In fact I don't even refer to it anymore. Don't know if I want another or try something else.
Papa Bob
1* 2008 Brookside by Sunnybrook 32'
1* 2002 F250 Super Duty 7.3L PSD
Husky 16K hitch, Tekonsha P3,
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs, Trailair Equa-Flex, Champion C46540
"A bad day camping is better than a good day at work!"

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Bob Vaughn wrote:
I have had a couple of these over the years and after a while I think the liquid becomes thicker...

Thanks for the heads up ... so far I haven't had this issue but now I'll keep this in mind as a possibility in the future.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

TomHaycraft
Explorer
Explorer
Subscribed to topic, to see what others recommend.

I purchased the large level for the pin box, thought I could build a temporary mount, haven't gotten around to it. For now, simplicity of a 9" torpedo level works for me.
2013 Silverado 3500HD - Duramax/Allison - CC, long bed, SRW, 2WD
2017 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS - TST 507 TPMS

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
Bob Vaughn wrote:
I tow a 5th wheel and have a ball bubble level on the pin of my 5th wheel of my camper that I can see in my rear view mirror. It takes forever for the ball to settle to where I know whether it is level or not. By the time it reaches the bottom of the arc I am already unhitched.

That's odd, I have a large metal LevelMaster mounted on my travel trailer and I can't say I've noticed it being particularly slow for the ball to settle. :h

Sorry, can't help you with an electronic version as I've just never found the need for one.

I have had a couple of these over the years and after a while I think the liquid becomes thicker...

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Bob Vaughn wrote:
I tow a 5th wheel and have a ball bubble level on the pin of my 5th wheel of my camper that I can see in my rear view mirror. It takes forever for the ball to settle to where I know whether it is level or not. By the time it reaches the bottom of the arc I am already unhitched.

That's odd, I have a large metal LevelMaster mounted on my travel trailer and I can't say I've noticed it being particularly slow for the ball to settle. :h

Sorry, can't help you with an electronic version as I've just never found the need for one.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380