cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Reserve California Refund

2_many_2
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yesterday we received a letter from the State of California Natural Resources Agency stating a refund was enclosed. There was check from the State Treasurer for just over $140.

We very rarely cancel a reservation so we were stumped, so we started looking back at previous camping reservations. We finally found it, it was for two nights at a State campground that we had canceled back in NOVEMBER! :E

I really don't know what to say, eight months seems excessively slow to me. Printing out a letter, a check and paying full postage to mail it also seems inefficient, why not just refund the credit card like everyone else does :h
21 REPLIES 21

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
I see where this is going

CLOSED
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
jfkmk wrote:
D.E.Bishop wrote:
The citizens here pay the highest taxes and provide many social programs with those taxes.

This is why California attracts the homeless and jobless more than anything else.

Don't forget the criminals with their FREE get out of jail pass in those Sanctuary Cities
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
D.E.Bishop wrote:
The citizens here pay the highest taxes and provide many social programs with those taxes.

This is why California attracts the homeless and jobless more than anything else.

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Having the fifth largest economy in the world and the most temperate climate in the country, we attract homeless and jobless. The citizens here pay the highest taxes and provide many social programs with those taxes. We are running out of water but we are trying to support more and more people without any help from other states.

Come visit us, we are a most remarkable geological area and we could use the piddling little you it will cost you to visit our very special areas.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gee I know of working homeless people all over the country. That's not just California.

As mentioned above California is nowhere near being broke.

And as for "people leaving in droves", I hate to break it to you but California's population has continued to grow and is expected to exceed 40 million by next year.

So yes, it is California bashing. It is a bunch of political rhetoric that has nothing to do with reality. If you don't want to visit, don't. But stop making up stories to justify your political bias.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Ranger Smith wrote:
toedtoes wrote:
lampooner wrote:
I think California is about broke. They needed the interest, they earned on your money. That is if they remembered to invest it. They may have earned as much as 2 -4 dollars. Now remember it is State workers who likely made the decision to switch to a new system and are implementing it!
No I have not lived in California ever. Just enjoy watching them and NY state flounder!

No it's politicians who make those decisions. The state workers are just the ones who have to make it work and get the blame when it doesn't.

Can we stop with the California bashing already. If you don't like the place, then stay away. But this constant bashing just makes you look like a spoiled jealous brat.

Don't be so sensitive . . . No one is BASHING California. It is a fact that the state is BROKE and people are leaving in droves because of all the high taxes. People can't even get affordable housing there. Working people are living in cars because everything is OVERPRICED. I for one visited there once and will never go back.

I visited CA once too.
Loved it so much I went back 4 more times!

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ranger Smith wrote:

Don't be so sensitive . . . No one is BASHING California. It is a fact that the state is BROKE I for one visited there once and will never go back.

I guess you should check some of your facts,the 2018-19 budget year with more than $19 billion in reserves,PLEASE don't come back.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
You have not taken High Finance and Scams 101

They have had your money for 8 months For 8 months it has been either Earning or Saving them interest.. Now your little check that's not more than a couple bucks but .. California is a BIG company 5th largest economy in the world.. Think about it.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
toedtoes wrote:
lampooner wrote:
I think California is about broke. They needed the interest, they earned on your money. That is if they remembered to invest it. They may have earned as much as 2 -4 dollars. Now remember it is State workers who likely made the decision to switch to a new system and are implementing it!
No I have not lived in California ever. Just enjoy watching them and NY state flounder!

No it's politicians who make those decisions. The state workers are just the ones who have to make it work and get the blame when it doesn't.

Can we stop with the California bashing already. If you don't like the place, then stay away. But this constant bashing just makes you look like a spoiled jealous brat.

Don't be so sensitive . . . No one is BASHING California. It is a fact that the state is BROKE and people are leaving in droves because of all the high taxes. People can't even get affordable housing there. Working people are living in cars because everything is OVERPRICED. I for one visited there once and will never go back.
Where we are now

Steve and Joy

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
lampooner wrote:

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
lampooner wrote:

Ain't that the truth . . . I'll leave it at that . . . Won't get political
Where we are now

Steve and Joy

lampooner
Explorer
Explorer
Lampooner

Remember you are only young once,
but you can be immature forever!

MrWizard
Calif state beach CG are expensive, and almost always full
so they no reason to lower the price
supply and demand
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, $70 per night at a state campground??