Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Lock Deadbolt Cylinder RECALL.

VoodooMedicineM
Explorer
Explorer
Fastec Industrial

MODERATOR'S NOTE: Modified web link(URL) to recall info.

Moved from Forum Technical Support
Bill and Joey the dog
50 REPLIES 50

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
got mine today. HF330. wonder how many different keys there are?
bumpy

emonkemeier
Explorer
Explorer
I got mine on Saturday. Installed in about 5 minutes. Work fine. Sent the tool and old keys and cylinders back today.
Ed
2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
2012 Cruiser RV Viewfinder 24SD

Grumpa
Explorer
Explorer
Keyed alike

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
With our toyhauler we have two doors and 4 cylinders. We got 4 cylinders/keys that were the same number. Very nice since I no longer have to carry 2 different keys for the doors.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
DanKirk wrote:
Will the new cylinder match the lock for the handle, or will I have two keys for my door; one for the deadbolt and one for the handle?

I asked her that question and she said they would send two locks. haven't seen them yet however.
bumpy

DanKirk
Explorer
Explorer
Will the new cylinder match the lock for the handle, or will I have two keys for my door; one for the deadbolt and one for the handle?
2017 Windjammer 3006WK
2011 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 Crew Cab Cummins Turbo Diesel

_40Fan
Explorer
Explorer
My key has HF-306 on it, which isn't on the list of recalled keys/locks, but it does allow me to remove the key in the 9 o'clock position. I will be giving them a jingle.
2013 Arctic Fox 22GQ
2011 Ram 2500 CC LB CTD G56 3.42 Mineral Gray

Grumpa
Explorer
Explorer
Got the replacements. Changed the cylinders out, sent them back prepaid. Done. Don't forget to put the M cylinder in the top location.

JJnLilly
Explorer
Explorer
My key was on the list. Submitted teh form and called the 1-800 number. Nice lady answered on third ring. Said that becasue of the recal it may take a day or two more than the normal 7 to 10 business days to get the new cylinder and keys (only 2).

No problem. Recalled we had a problem with an 05 Cougar we had where the deadbolt hung up. Sure hope that owner sees this recall.
2007 Ram 2500 QC CTD
2020 Passport GT 2210

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
reddwar wrote:
Ever had a dead bolt break on your rig? We did. When the bead bolt breaks the spring will slam the dead bolt locked. You can't unlock your door, just glad we had two doors on that rig. There were several of us looking at it trying to get it unlocked. With the cover off & he only thing we could come up with is drill the bolt in half, had to drill real slow as it was hard steel took several bits & long time. Any way you do not want your bolt to break. as you can't get in or out the door. Our rig today only has one door & I am getting to old to go out the window.

the dead bolt lock on my Chieftain would not lock from the outside. worked fine on the inside. whenever I left for the day with an audience I would go through the motions, put key in lock, act like I was twisting it, etc. ๐Ÿ˜‰
bumpy

Pauljdav
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is on the recall list as well. I did in fact lock my wife in once and she had to wait until I got back several hours later.

I put on a new lock but kept this one as a backup so I might as well get it fixed!

reddwar
Explorer
Explorer
Ever had a dead bolt break on your rig? We did. When the bead bolt breaks the spring will slam the dead bolt locked. You can't unlock your door, just glad we had two doors on that rig. There were several of us looking at it trying to get it unlocked. With the cover off & he only thing we could come up with is drill the bolt in half, had to drill real slow as it was hard steel took several bits & long time. Any way you do not want your bolt to break. as you can't get in or out the door. Our rig today only has one door & I am getting to old to go out the window.

Tango__AE7UI
Explorer
Explorer
My key, HF323, in on the recall list.
I called the 800 number and talked to a very nice, polite women.
They are sending out a replacement cylinder, changing key, postage paid return envelope and instructions for the swap out.
They are requesting return of the old cylinder, any keys and the cylinder changing key and I should receive it in 7 - 10 days.
2007 Tango 2660RKS Fifth Wheel, 2006 Chevy D/A 3500 with service body,

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
JoeChiOhki wrote:
Hey quick question, were the dead bolt and door handle originally all keyed differently?

I have two keys on my ring one HF and one CF, but only one, the HF, has ever worked on the door, from the day I bought the unit.

Brings me to wonder if, depending on how long this recall has been going on, if the door wasn't already redone.

my two locks take the same key and when I talked to the lady she said they were sending out two replacements. I was concerned since I didn't want to have to mess with two different keys.
bumpy