Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV or camping manners....

Dustytuu
Explorer
Explorer
This is why I am posting this topic.
We were parked in a RV/Resort type place. This only happened once in many years of RVing.
We had friends over for burgers and eats. Just as we were sitting down to eat at our table in our yard around 4 or 5 PM in the afternoon....... Our next door neighbor dumped his black tank. It had a terrible smell. We all could not eat. The neighbor could see we had friends over and we're getting ready to eat!
I could understand if the man was getting ready to pull out but he did not leave for a week after this!
Maybe he didn't know any better but how could he not know this was not the right thing to do.
2008 dodge 5500, diesel,Laramie
2008 Carriage Carri-Lite, 36SBQ, 4 slides,dishwasher,washer/dryer,2 fireplaces,6500 gen.
D & D
3 Schnauzers

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/Dustytuu/

Kindness, and good manners are important.
99 REPLIES 99

reactancexl
Explorer
Explorer
If that is the worst thing that happened, then u are doing pretty good. Happy Camping:)

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Saw this today, it seems to sum up this thread very well.
"Don't sweat the petty stuff, don't pet the sweaty stuff".

Nuf said!
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
It's just part of the lifestyle. Control what you can, let the rest go, and move on with life.
If we sweat the small stuff, what's going to happen when something major happens?
Not worth getting your blood pressure up because someone is inconsiderate. Welcome to today's society.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

jwmII
Explorer
Explorer
The guy probably had no clue that the stink of dumping would occur.
People in a campground atmosphere for the most part are not intentionally rude or uncaring. There are exceptions of course. It seems to me you are making a lot of to do over nothing. Don't like the smell, move indoors. Looking at your photo bucket I noticed the shots of all of your lights. That really offends me and looks like a camp full of Gypsies moved in. At least the smell dissipated in a few seconds but the lights!! not so much.
jwmII

Allworth
Explorer
Explorer
Those darned Ford Trucks!
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
I had an accidental spill on a full hookup site. **** happens out there. All I was doing was lifting the hose to drain poop and gray water combo. Big mistake, the quick connect spun free off the donut elbow connection and sludge mixture poured out of hose. Yuck. I was leaving and had a mess to clean up for sure.
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
At least it wasn't 4pm in the morning.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

93Cobra2771
Explorer
Explorer
2012Coleman wrote:
93Cobra2771 wrote:
2012Coleman wrote:
Some people must have tall barns to keep them high horses in. No way does dumping tanks at a full hookup site cause the foul odor the OP claims. The standard equipment everyone uses does not emit odors. The sound of water going through a sewer pipe can not be heard much past a a radius of 12 inches. The sound of beating a dead (high) horse carries much further.

That's assuming people are using the standard equipment, or using it correctly. I have seen unbelievable setups for dumping. Stinky sleep just dropping straight into the connection (no donut or any true connection), all kinds of crazy stuff propping the slinky up (including, what appeared to be an old toaster oven). And that also assumes the sewer connection at the CG works correctly. I've seen some where the threaded end is simply slipped over the pipe, not glued.
I'm sorry, but complaining about this is about as useful as complaining that the guy in the site next to me drives a red Ford truck.

Which is about as useful as you complaining about my post...
Richard White
2011 F150 Ecoboost SCREW 145" 4x4
Firestone Ride-Rite Air Springs/Air Lift Wireless Controller
2006 Sportsmen by KZ 2604P (30')
Hensley Arrow

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
93Cobra2771 wrote:
2012Coleman wrote:
Some people must have tall barns to keep them high horses in. No way does dumping tanks at a full hookup site cause the foul odor the OP claims. The standard equipment everyone uses does not emit odors. The sound of water going through a sewer pipe can not be heard much past a a radius of 12 inches. The sound of beating a dead (high) horse carries much further.

That's assuming people are using the standard equipment, or using it correctly. I have seen unbelievable setups for dumping. Stinky sleep just dropping straight into the connection (no donut or any true connection), all kinds of crazy stuff propping the slinky up (including, what appeared to be an old toaster oven). And that also assumes the sewer connection at the CG works correctly. I've seen some where the threaded end is simply slipped over the pipe, not glued.
I'm sorry, but complaining about this is about as useful as complaining that the guy in the site next to me drives a red Ford truck.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
spoon059 wrote:
Weirdest thing happened today... We were breaking camp and I emptied my tanks... didn't smell anything. Who woulda thunk it?

Well obviously your $h!t don't stink...lmao
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just looked up the definition of FORUM and of COMPLAIN. I found out that all the posts that I have read (on this thread) are appropriate.

I also looked up DEODORANTS and DISINFECTANTS. It's no wonder millions of people around the world use so much of these products.
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
majorgator wrote:

Everyone here has ignored the main point.
Who eats dinner at 4 or 5 PM?

...residents of Ft. Lauderdale and Miami of a certain age or disposition...

This thread and it's veneered definition of courtesy has me in almost as much hysterical laughter as the laundromat thread:).

93Cobra2771
Explorer
Explorer
2012Coleman wrote:

Richard White
2011 F150 Ecoboost SCREW 145" 4x4
Firestone Ride-Rite Air Springs/Air Lift Wireless Controller
2006 Sportsmen by KZ 2604P (30')
Hensley Arrow

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS