cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RVRoof.com - Flex Armor

pcm1959
Explorer
Explorer
D'd like to hear from those who have had this roof installed on their rig.
I have a 2014 fiver that I really like and intend to keep. However, I'm tired of the caulk/sealant weak points which include the transition areas around the drip rail/gutter and front/rear caps.
I live in FL not far from the original installer and have talked to him for the last several years at the Tampa RV show.
I don't have issues with my roof and have few comprises in it compared to many as far as cut outs for skylights, vents, etc.
Again, however, its the 4 corners where the front/rear caps, gutters and gutter extensions meet that seem to often need attention.
Those of you that have had this roof installed.....
Are you happy?
!00% satisfied?
How did the installed address my concerns at the 4 corners?
Thanks, Phil
2018 GMC Sierra 3500 DRW 4x4 Duramax/Allison
2014 Lifestyle LS36FW
St Augustine, FL
7 REPLIES 7

ctilsie242
Explorer
Explorer
The spray on is a true two part epoxy, which actually cures (not dries). I have only read good about the RV Flex Armor product.

The roll-on stuff... it may work, but if paying all the cash for a new roof, might as well have done right.

infogeek
Explorer
Explorer
I had mine done at the Massachusetts place in March. Wish I'd heard of this company 5 years ago when the leaks began. Looks great, no leaks.

Was nice this past weekend heading out in a torrential downpour with no worries that the caulk/patch would spring a leak again. Now to clean the water stains off the ceiling...

In my case the total cost was less than what I was quoted for a full rubber roof replacement. Second benefit: they replace all of your vent covers and it's included (skylight for tub extra).

I researched extensively before going with them and could find no complaints online. The only ones I found were confusing RV Flex Armor (spray on roof, at a facility) with RV Armor, which is a roll-on coating that they do on site in your driveway. The complaints were for that product, not the spray on roof.
Jon

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
I would do it in a heartbeat. I researched extensively and was about to have my previous TT done, but we sold it and bought a fifth wheel.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

twins89
Explorer
Explorer
We are planning to do this at the Massachusetts location this fall.
Western New Yorkers with a Westie
2000 F350 DRW 7.3 PSD crew cab
2010 Jayco Designer 37rlqs

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
pcm1959 wrote:
I have a 2014 fiver that I really like and intend to keep. However, I'm tired of the caulk/sealant weak points which include the transition areas around the drip rail/gutter and front/rear caps.
I live in FL not far from the original installer and have talked to him for the last several years at the Tampa RV show.
I don't have issues with my roof and have few comprises in it compared to many as far as cut outs for skylights, vents, etc.
Again, however, its the 4 corners where the front/rear caps, gutters and gutter extensions meet that seem to often need attention.
Are you happy?
!00% satisfied?
Thanks, Phil

We did it last August in Mesa, Az., thru APR-RV. We havenโ€™t (obviously) been able to test the โ€œlifetime warrantyโ€ ??. However, like yourselves, we plan on keeping the RV a long time....until we end our RVโ€™ing life! With the research we had done, we thought that that going with the Flex Armor.....was a โ€œno brainerโ€! And, much like yourself, didnโ€™t like the continued maintenance required on all of the seams, joints, etc. Consequently....it didnโ€™t get done as it should have. Weโ€™ve got so much to do....itโ€™s lucky to get washed every two or three years! ??
With the โ€œfour-cornersโ€ issue, I would say, problem solved......you really donโ€™t have the corners any longer! With the roofing material, extending over the roof edge, all the way around the unit....it has pretty much eliminated the โ€œcornersโ€!

Good Luck in your decision.....whatever you decide!
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
pcm1959 wrote:
Are you happy?
!00% satisfied?
Thanks, Phil

Search for my messages from early 2016. I had a failed roof membrane after 5 years service and had the roof coated by RV Flex Armor (Madison, MS). I could not be happier and it is 2.5 years old now. I would do it to a brand new rig and just consider the cost as part of the initial purchase price. Any rubber roof is going to leak, but will we catch it before damage is done. Well worth it.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
I can't personally testify other than hearing good reviews of the company.

If there are only four areas of concern, Eternabond tape would ease your mind and be much cheaper.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900